Cell booster install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psilvu

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get a cable from an exterior antenna to Ann interior antenna without drilling any holes?
Can I run it through the slides somehow without damaging there cable or the slide?

What kind of cable? Coax? Power? Everything I've installed on my roof has been run through the roof using a Winegard cable entrance plate and Dicor sealant. As far as bring a cable into a slide, it's possible in a round about way. I came into an upper cabinet with a cable and then on the interior top of my curbside slide however the slide isn't very deep (doesn't extend very far.)

The situation depends on what you are installing outside and where the interior component is located. What I'm basically saying is there is no precise answer to your question - too many variables.

Aw heck, open the slide out partially, feed the coax through to the outside, finish opening the slide. The bulb seal should have enough flex to allow the coax to fit through with no problems.

I did the "through the slide" trick for a mag mount I set up for a trip to quartzsite. This was "thin" coax, RG-316 and after I got back from the trip I noted where it went through the braid was exposed and it was squashed to about half diameter. It's wicked easy to poke a hole somewhere near the front cap and drop a line down one of the pillars, I would rather deal with that than crushing the line or inviting water ingress around the seal.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Don't waste your time with the WeBoost Destination RV. Total crap. I spent probably 6 or 7 hours this weekend trying to get it to work...lights were on and everything...pointing in the right direction. No boost at all...nothing. Keep in mind, while I'm not an engineer, I was a Satellite Communications Tech in the Navy and I worked for a local cable company for a while so...I'm not completely clueless about this kind of stuff. Steer clear of the WeBoost Destination RV. Just my 2 cents. Luckily, still in the 30 day money back no questions window...so...sending it back.

A few years ago I tried WeBoost's most expensive multi-band cell repeater in our then 1250 sq ft house (we doubled the house size since them) and I never could get it to work. I suspect I didn't have enough separation between the two antennas.

My old Motorola phone had an external antenna jack, I had an antenna on the coach roof and an amp inside that I plugged into the phone. Worked great.

A few years ago I tried WeBoost's most expensive multi-band cell repeater in our then 1250 sq ft house (we doubled the house size since them) and I never could get it to work. I suspect I didn't have enough separation between the two antennas.

My old Motorola phone had an external antenna jack, I had an antenna on the coach roof and an amp inside that I plugged into the phone. Worked great.
Very frustrating and...expensive.

Don't waste your time with the WeBoost Destination RV. Total crap. I spent probably 6 or 7 hours this weekend trying to get it to work...lights were on and everything...pointing in the right direction. No boost at all...nothing. Keep in mind, while I'm not an engineer, I was a Satellite Communications Tech in the Navy and I worked for a local cable company for a while so...I'm not completely clueless about this kind of stuff. Steer clear of the WeBoost Destination RV. Just my 2 cents. Luckily, still in the 30 day money back no questions window...so...sending it back.
What was the strength of the signal without the WeBoost?

What was the strength of the signal without the WeBoost?
Anywhere between -100 and -115 dbms. I was getting 2 bars but...from what I've researched...bars mean nothing. Bottom line...I could get a small signal and the WeBoost Destination RV didn't do hardly anything at all.

Anywhere between -100 and -115 dbms. I was getting 2 bars but...from what I've researched...bars mean nothing. Bottom line...I could get a small signal and the WeBoost Destination RV didn't do hardly anything at all.
That has to be really disappointing.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get a cable from an exterior antenna to Ann interior antenna without drilling any holes?
Can I run it through the slides somehow without damaging there cable or the slide?
This thread is on a tangent about cell phone 'boosters' (mea culpa), the OP didn't state what kind of antenna and hasn't commented further. So the topic is about penetrating the inside of their unit from the roof area.

Without more participation from the thread starter, we are spinning our wheels as far as staying on topic.

Back
Top Bottom