CHANGING PHONE...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jje1960

Well, the ol' Moto Razor Vxx finally giving up the ghost, still works (most of the time) but many batteries later, it's starting to provide frustration.  Instead of buying new battery, decided it's time to go with a newer technology phone.  When camping without WIFI available, I normally bluetooth to the phone and check email and read the news and such, have had a $19.95 unlimited data plan with AT&T for a number of years.  Now, the new phone is 4G, ATT is obviously happy that they get to dump me as an unlimited data customer... New plan is $30.00 (+$10) however has 3GB limit vs the unlimited we previously enjoyed.  Should not be a problem, I think the most we ever used in a month was around 1GB.  My question is.... does anyone have any feedback on Sony's XPERIA Ion LT28AT phone?  One advantage I see is we will be able to either continue to bluetooth or alternatively use the WIFI to the unit, which means wife and I can use separate connections at one time, that I like.

I have never had a sony phone but had an Erickson back before Sony bought 'em up, not too happy with it.....  (Screws loose, like so many RVers).. Seriously I had to buy a set of special screwdrivers to tighten it up with).

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S-III,  very happy with it.

Now, I'm with T-mobile, same coverage as AT&T (Full roaming agreement) but a 5 Gig limit.. I use about 4 of 'em.

Great feedback John.  Can you relate a bit more about your general use and what makes up that 4GB average?  Thanks friend.

Update on the smartphone purchase... Very impressed with this Sony XPERIA Ion LT28AT.  For the $99.00 upgrade fee with agreement of 2yr service (which does not really matter considering we have been with them for years), this turned out to be very nice for us and our needs.  We can now use this as the hotspot (just like a wifi router with WPA encryption) vs bluetooth and although it was originally 'different', it's actually been very easy to get used to.  The camera is very nice, have internal 16GB and 32GB media card, so space is plenty.  At any-rate, pretty neat setup for our use while needing mobile internet, phone and other while on the move.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom