Christmas vacation in Florida- Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torchbearer

My family and I just purchased an Allegro Bus.  We are wanting to head to Florida for a few days between Christmas and New Years.  I have called many campgrounds down there and they all tell me they are mainly for adults and have very little for kids to do.  My kids are 8 and under.  If any of you know of a family oriented campground in Florida that would have things to do such as swimming, biking, playground, or any thing like this, please let me know.  I realize it will be to cold for the ocean, but several campgrounds have heated pools.  I am willing to go as far as central Florida.  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Orlando area wants you, your RV and your kids.  They also want your money.
Joe Bee

jiminy crickets,  You have small kids and an Allegro Bus and you haven't been to For Wilderness.  You don't have to be a kid to love the place but it helps.  My wife and I go there to relax and tour the grounds to look at all the other RV's and talk to folks who all came there to have a good time.  When we want to get crazy we bring the grand kids.  It fun to see how much Rvers love to decorate their rigs.

Definitely the Orlando area is for you. Between Disney, Universal Studios  and Sea World there will be more than you can handle in a week or two. But make reservations early for the Christmas season - a lot of people visit there while the kids are out of school.

Disney's Fort Wilderness is a good park. It will seem pricey, but they have free shuttle service to the attractions and other amenities that make it worthwhile.

I agree that FW at Disney is a very nice park.  The problem is that one of their absolute busiest times of year is the time of the year.  If you can't get reservations, though, don't give up.  Call back every day or so.  They have a lot of cancellations. Before our son started school, we would visit the first full week after New Years.  That is one of their emptiest times.  That is a nice time to be at Disney.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom