Cleaning RV Exterior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great tips from everyone. I use Megular's Cleaner wax also. However I use a Terry Cloth to rub out after it is dry. Upon getting a bucket full of dirty Terry Cloth's DW just washes them. No paper towels

Gordon and I used the paper towels for the wipe down with 409, not the wax.  After the coat of wax it looks like the 409 won't be needed again(at least on my coach)unless I let it go a few years(which I don't plan on).

Looks like the majority of the road grime from driving in the rain is going to wipe off with a wet towel.  I'll then hit it with the detail spray and it should be good for the winter.

I thought what I said - and what I did was use paper towels or Magic Eraser for 409 ONLY.  I used cotton towels to apply and remove the wax.  I look forward to a wet towel cleaning it all!

Since this thread is about cleaning and detailing I thought I would show two more tools that make it easier to do.

Attachments

• 20170430_194751r.jpg
    20170430_194751r.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 35
  • rdetail1.jpg
    rdetail1.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 36
  • rdetail4.jpg
    rdetail4.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 35
So, load that scaffold up and bring it down to Q.  Not today, we're headed out on a resupply run today.
Rags and polish I'm okay on, just couldn't find room in the Jeep for the scaffold.  ;D ;D

HueyPilotVN said:
Since this thread is about cleaning and detailing I thought I would show two more tools that make it easier to do.

Hey Bill that is a great setup for cleaning. The only thing missing is a volunteer to be sitting on that stool.  I make 3 swipes with a rag and I head to the oxygen tank. 

Bill

grashley said:
I have the same setup, except for the paved floor, inside location, scaffold, utility cart and supplies.

Yup, that's where I'm at, too.  Got the front cap, the driver's side as far as the slide and the passenger side down to the entry door done yesterday in a couple of hours(this included cleaning the windshields and side glass as I went).  A couple of spritzes of detail spray, wipe with a damp cloth and then with a dry one, and it's clean and shiny again.

For ArmorWrapGuy:  Apparently the Meguier's detail spray I picked up at WallyWorld has hydrophobic ingredients.  Didn't notice when I bought it, but saw it on the bottle whilst working.  I guess I'll get drug into the 21st century whether I want to or not.  8)

Old_Crow said:
For ArmorWrapGuy:  Apparently the Meguier's detail spray I picked up at WallyWorld has hydrophobic ingredients. 

OMG the first time I read that line I thought you said 'homophobic ingredients.'.............LOL

Bill

I first clean, remove all dirt and impurities from the surface (make sure the surrounding parts are not oxidized). Then apply glossy decal to the fiberglass surface, rinse and polish the area. Then apply wax on the area

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom