Clogged Shower Drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

COCJ

We recently purchased a used Class C. I just found out that the shower drain is clogged. I pulled off the screen hoping it might be just a bunch of hair. Not the case. I can see nothing visible that could be causing the clog. The owner's manual says not to use household drain cleaners like Drano. Anybody have any ideas?

Power spray is usually enough to clear the drain. You can buy a wand that attaches to a garden hose for cleaning waste tanks. It also works good for blasting out drains. I manually clean my tanks with a wand that I made. While doing that, I always blast out the three drains in the house. Shower, bath sink and kitchen sink. 4 years and no problems with fairly heavy use.

Make sure your waste tanks are empty as when full, the shower is usually the first place water backs up to. Even a partially filled waste tank off level could block a vent which could cause drains to stop draining or even bring waste water from the tank into the shower.

Last edited:
you might try a bladder in the shower drain, be carful with water pressure, you don't what to separate the PVP pipe. And like already mention empty gray tank.

Be careful as to what you stick down in the piping. You could have one of those HepvO waterless traps and anything mechanical could damage the trap.
Have you tried using just one of those standard plunger that’s for toilets?

Agreed on the HepvO waste valve. Our class A has one on the washer/dryer and on the shower drains. Somehow the diaphram in the valve got messed up and clogged the drain. Replacement is straightforward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom