Closet Project Complete!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CDN_Taxman

Our trailer has two closets beside the bed that are 50" high and have nothing but a single rod in them. Completely useless to us, I just finished putting shelves in. The real kicker is that it's difficult to build because the thin panelling nearest the bed isn't really much of an anchor.

I purchased 5/8" melamine covered plywood and cut the shelves to size. To support the shelves I used 3/4" dowels attached to the shelf by using a rubber chair foot.

There are a few L brackets holding it all together and stopping movement in the cupboard but again the ones near the bed are securely fastened.

The end result turned out pretty good if I say so myself! We will still need to paint the dowels white too.

Here are some pics!

Mike

Don't want to bother resizing all the pics.....here's the Facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=234686&id=649246321&l=d052ec06bf

I have about 10 - 12 pictures and each one is too big! Is there a quick way to resize them?

Mike

CDN_Taxman said:
Don't want to bother resizing all the pics.....here's the Facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=234686&id=649246321&l=d052ec06bf

Very well done!!! 

Liz Pearce

We reviewed several resizers for Windows in the past.  A search of the Forum messages on resize photos should turn some up.

Great job.  I just took delivery of a new TT 10 days ago and it has the same closets.  Overall there are 3 closet with hanger rods where we need shelves or drawers.  I will do something similiar and will use your ideas as a quide.  I was concerned about that thin wall on the bed side.
:)

CDN_Taxman said:
I have about 10 - 12 pictures and each one is too big! Is there a quick way to resize them?

Mike

IMHO, this is one of the best free resizing tools available.  It isn't a large program to download.  http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/  It's really intuitive to use, but if you have trouble, just Google RIOT help and you should get some information.  ;)

CDN_Taxman:

Interesting.  We have one closet that needs shelves like you have added.  This gives me an idea.

However, do you think there will be an issue with the melamine shelves rubbing against the vinyl wallpaper inside those closets with time?  Or are they already 'friction fit' inside the closet opening?

Frank.

Just got back after 10 days off!

I've secured the shelf somewhat so I'm not really worried about the rubbing. The closets are also very unsquare so a tight fit was impossible!

Good luck!

Mike

I was thinking of gluing 1 inch boards to the sides to hold a thin shelf. It would only need to hold socks and stuff. I like your idea to cut an opening on the side. Great place for your glasses, watch, flashlight, etc.

I'd like to take credit for the little side access but the trailer came with them and yes, they are a great idea!

Mike

We went on our 2nd trip this past weekend and my wife and I were discussing the need for shelves in the closets of our camper.  I plan on copying you shelves very soon.  It will make it much easier to pack our kids clothes.

Back
Top Bottom