CLR in grey tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cupe873

I believe I have a build up of calcium on the inside of my gray tank. I was able to get a spray nozzle up there and I appeared to have chip size pieces of calcium coming out. Was wondering if I poured a container of CLR into my gray tank and left it overnight would it cause any problems to the tank or any of the fittings. 2006 Itasca ellipse. Hoping to get my gray tank sensors working again. Have tried all sorts of different things nothing seems to work. We winter down in desert hot springs and there seems to be an awful lot of minerals in the water.
Thanks

One of the problems with today's CLR compared to the old days of Bruces Lime Away,, is government regulations dowh grading the strength.. It may work but will take a long time of soaking .>>>Dan

I would second Spencer's recommendation. It may well be a soap build up. in which case neither vinegar nor CLR will help. Loads of water with the wand my be the only thing that might work, or I have seen recommendations to use bleach, followed by baking soda, and after a while boiling water, but I have never tried it.

Ed

I don't see any problem with trying the CLR, but am dubious you have a calcium build-up. More likely just soap scum and dried food slime. CLR might work on that too, though. Let us know how it works out.

Calgon WATER SOFTENER ,-- not the bath beads. About 8 oz. 8 oz Dawn dish soap (mix dawn in a bucket of water first) dump into kitchen sink. Add about a half tank of water and go for a ride and drive like you're drunk,side to side lots of starts and stops. Go home and park it for a week. Repeat the crazy drive. An empty parking lot would be a good place to do your drunk driving. Make sure you haven't consumed any alcohol.šŸ˜
Walmart has the Calgon in the laundry supplies section.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom