coachman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floyd2u

Hello
Ready to pull the trigger on A 2001 30' coachman mirada it has the 454 Chevy.
Does anyone know what frame & transmission this would have & if that's good bad or different  :)?
Any input on this particular rig would be appreciated.
Floyd

Actually it is Coachmen. IMHO when dealing with a used RV the make and model are of no real importance to me. What is important to me is the floor plan, condition and price. The 454 is a solid and reliable engine, but if it hasn't been serviced properly over the last 13 years it would be worthless, as would any other neglected engine. It would pay you to pay an RV mechanic do an inspection on the rig before you buy it. That would tell you a lot more than any one here could tell you.

Chev engine Chevy or Workhorse chassis.  I think in 2001, they hadn't yet started with the Allison trans.

Look the coach over really well, seams, drawers, fit, etc.  Some mfg's long time integrity is a little lacking.  Some are superior.  I used to sell both new and used RV's, and I have seen quite an array in condition.  Especially in drawer construction and slides on the drawers.  These can be fixed for the most part, but some, the drawer body itself is a plastic tray, these are throwaways if they break.

Thank-you both for some input
she looks to be in good condition. has 36,000 miles second owner. needs tires but that was figured in on the price.
Floyd

floyd2u said:
Thank-you both for some input
she looks to be in good condition. has 36,000 miles second owner. needs tires but that was figured in on the price.
Floyd

Figured in whose price?? Your offer or his acceptance??? Many owners will simply deny all knowledge on the need for new tires that are past their expiry dates if the treads look good.....

That is almost surely a Workhorse P30 chassis and will have a GM 4L80E transmission to go with the GM 454 V8 engine. It's a solid engine and tranny for that size rig, but care and maintenance is the key factor, as Seilerbird already explained.

Thank-you all.
Wife decided she did not like the A She rather get another C. So you know if mama isn't happy no buddies happy  ;)
So back to the search.
Floyd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FmStars
Back
Top Bottom