coffee maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Costco now carries several blends of the coffee pods for Keurig. Cheaper than other places.

I like the coffee from a Keurig but it takes 3 of their pods for one mug of coffee. (standard Starbucks 20oz size thermal mug). ;)

Another Mr Coffee here!

The B & D carafe was broken, we didn't discover it till the fresh coffee was falling out the bottom.

Checked and found it was not available except online directly for some awful price, so we went with the Mr Coffee, it stores under the wet bar when on the move.

We also bought two Copco 2 Quart thermal carafes, I drink a lot of coffee, so I can make up either 4 quarts if the kids are around, or 2 qts if they are not, I've made coffee at 7:00 AM, put it straight into the carafe once brewed, and it's still perfectly hot 4 hours later, when someone came knocking with an empty coffee cup!  ;)

INSTANT COFFEE :eek:
Can't even stand the stuff Starbucks tries to flog as their premium instant. Tastes worse than caffeine free. ;D
re your broken carafe...did you try getting it replaced through their warranty department? I have found them OK to deal with, especially within the warrantee period.

so we went with the Mr Coffee, it stores under the wet bar when on the move.

We have a Gevalia coffee maker (free with trial order easily canceled) with a plastic carafe and thermal lining, that manages to keep my 6 cups of morning coffee hot until finished. It has traveled all over the country with us on our kitchen counter (sitting on one of those no-slip pads) and we've not had a problem with falling/breaking or whatever. Full disclosure; we've never had to do a panic stop in the coach. Its nice to be able to refill my coffee cup while we are on the road.

We've had other coffee pots as well, but found that any with electronic controls (clock and timer) didn't like inverter power and I like to make my coffee when I wake up, which is usually before generator hours when boondocking. This one only has an on/off switch and works great.

Condensation from the hot water builds up under the top where the coffee filter sits, then drips out of the sides of the filter basket. 

bobsharon said:
I have one of these in my Casa and love it. I had one in my 5ver that went with it. My Winnie / my Wife could not agree to installing one in limited overcounter area, so, I have a B&D stand version that is stowed when not in use. Fresh ground espresso roast every AM (actually ground night before and in AM). No, its a leak. I have had the two mentioned and my daughter has one as well. Neither leak. Only questionable thing on all the undercounter versions is impact of hot vapor on woodwork above.

Try this website http://www.swego.com. We purchased the under cabinet coffee maker and really love it. Advertised as rv/marine use. Yes it does cost more and the reason being all three parts, basket, pot and water tank locks into position and does not move when traveling. However, since we are BIG coffee drinkers and the pot is going quite frequently, I have removed it from under my cabinet and placed it on the counter.  I was concerned about the heat and steam damaging the wood cabinet finish. Love the pot and will buy another when it wears out.

topdownman said:
Condensation from the hot water builds up under the top where the coffee filter sits, then drips out of the sides of the filter basket.
Wow. Haven't seen that with ours. We may have some drippage when we remove basket for cleaning but I usually just cup my hand under it for its trips to the trash.
The under the cabinet unit posted by Joeycpa looks almost like the "old" B&D ones. could be a good solution. It has a smaller footprint than the current spacesaver model and may not have the issues you see.
In the meantime, continue enjoying good coffee in the AM however you get it. ;D

We use K-Cups at the house and Amazon Subscribe and save seems to be the least expensive way for us to get our hands on them.  The lovely MRS and I have completely different tastes in Coffee so chances are if one of us likes a pot of coffee the other thinks it is too weak or too strong.  When out we make a pot in a MR. Coffee 10 cup, and I take my cup when the strongest comes out in the beginning of the brew, making the rest of the pot mostly dark colored hot water (just like she likes it Yuck!)  Out system works for us when we are out in the rig, but not so well at home.  K-Cups saved the day at home!

Jeff

Tasimo or kurig is our standard.  We each can brew what we want, regular or decaf and she likes the tea.  We will brew the tall travel cup when pulling out and have it for the morning drive.

As an aside, we have the black one that is shown in Dar's post in our home. We love it! Its the latest generation of B&D under the counter models and its available in white and black. If you read the reviews on it there were lots of complaints regarding the shims that come with it for leveling it under different types of cabinet bottoms. We solved that problem by buying some plastic tubing at Home Depot that is designed for a water line to the source in the basement for an ice maker in the fridge. We cut the tubes to the desired length and it leveled perfectly. And, the price has gone down from when it came out ($76.00) to the $60.00 it shows now. Its a really great coffee maker and should work in most MHs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom