Cogouihalla Hiway British Columbia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mypursuit

Hi all.  Going over the "cog"  in mid June.  I know it's steep and long.  I've read all the horror stories of how bad it is but it's all about the snow and winter time.  What can I
expect in summer with a 27 foot MH with 454 Chevy and a Focus in tow?  Has anybody
done the "cog" ?  Going north to Salmon Arm then South on 97 to Osoyoos.
Thanks in advance.

i have been over both it in direction but do not recall any thing to wild. it is a major north south truck route with quite a few trucks and a lot of class c rental units heading to and from jasper i would not hesitate to go on it again.

I was over it last weekend, you won't have any problems except for the idiots who think the posted speed limit is the minimum reqired. Stay in the right lane and watch your mirrors. Wave on your way by my front door. ;D

We travel the Cog every summer to visit family in Calgary. It is no different than any other highway except for the long grades  When going I take a spray bottle filled with water to spray on the Rad if it gets over heated. Have only had to use it once.. a quarter mile from the top of the grade .  Make sure your brakes are in top shape and have a good time. Take your time and take in the scenic lookouts.

Thanks all for the comments.  I'm no stranger to mountain driving having crossed the
North Cascades of Washington many times.  At times I become a worry wart about things unknown
and your comments quiet the little voice in my head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MN Steve
Back
Top Bottom