comments on 2007 siesta 29BG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stef1435

I am looking ito a four winds 29Bg on the chevy for my DH legroom. My original choice is the 26BE. Are three slides to much for this rig . The difference between the two models is the addition of the dinette and slide.I don't know what the exact weight figure sare.  I do know that you won't be able to carry to much. Anyone with this rv. give me your advice and comments  thanks Tony

Somewhere in the coach will be a large RVIA weight sticker, showing the actual RV weight and the max allowed weights (GVWR and GCWR). Look inside cabinets and closets till you find it - Four Winds is an RVIA member and can't sell an RV without it. Look up the definition of the various numbers in our Library here or on the RVIA web site. You need to know what they are.

The numbers will have labels like UVW, SCWR, CCC, GVWR and GCWR

Hi Gary thanks for the response. I got the weight figures from the dealer .they are as follows
UVW- 12,575.and a CCC of 791. They say this includes all options and fluids
Please tell me ,accoring to the figures, if the UVW includes fuel -full water-full propane which is 41 pds.and people. I thought that the UVW only includes fuel. I am trying to establish a true CCC for this
rv..thanks Tony  ps the rv is on a chevy chassis with a 14050 gvwr

The UVW does includes fuel, engine oil, and propane only. No water, driver/passengers, food, personal items, options. Subtract those items from the CCC and that doesn't leave you with much at all. Are you sure the CCC is only 791 lbs.? It should be closer to 1,475 lbs. The GVWR should equal the total of the UVW and the CCC.

Sorry to have to disagree, Karl, but on the RVIA sticker, UVW does not include propane weight.  And GVWR is not UVW + CCC. RVIA also included what they call SCWR - Sleeping Capacity Weight Rating, which is 154 lbs per rated occupant. An RV with 4 seat belts is rated for four passengers, so RVIA subtracts 4 x 154 lbs from the GVWR for passenger weight.  [If you carry fewer passengers, you can use that extra weight for cargo.]

GVWR = UVW + Propane + Water + SCWR + CCC

It is correctly defined in our Glossary in the Library

Gary,
OOPS! Welll shut my mouth!  :-X  It does include it on the large sticker in my wardrobe, but it's not an RVIA-branded sticker. I'm assuming it's Fleetwood's own. Sorry for the confusion. Maybe that's why RVIA created a 'standard'?

well ,here's the breakdown on this 29BG. The UVW is 12,575. add 51pds for lpg-325pds for water and they add 308 pds for two people. this totals to 13,259. subtract this figure from gvwr of
14,050 and you get a ccc of 791.
the figures can be adjusted. first,carry only 14gallons of water for flushing and you gain 159pds.
now the ccc goes up to 950. then I add an additional 72 pds for our weight and the ccc goes down to 878. I have heard that there is a problem with the front axle weight and you have to take off 500 pounds and put it to the back I don't understand this figure. all I know is that your close on these figures but will work if careful. I really think that the 26BE has all the figures with no worry and is also on the 14,050 chassis.  tony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom