Completed Class 'C' Cabover Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

I recently completed my little cabover bunk reconstruction project.  Having viewed Memory Roads fantastic job, I was hesitant to display my much less professional job.  But, I decided, "What the heck?"  I'm an old guy with old guy aches and pains.  I did what I could with what I could afford so why not let others at least see what not to do.  So, here's my project.

Edit: Changed URL per request

WOW, that was quite the project. Thanks for sharing especially with the pictures. You obviously took a great deal of care and it shows in the finished product. 8)
I was faced with a similar issue, the vent/escape hatch over the bunk was leaking. Fortunately it was not as far gone as yours so I replaced the vent and properly sealed it. I probably should have replaced some wood but was not that ambitious.

Thanks for the compliments.  But, I was stretched between doing it right and doing it fast so I could get back on the road.  I'll have to admit the road pretty much won.

There is no way I would consider that job less than professional.  It is probably much better done than many so called pro's could have done.  That was an extremely complex job and you did a masterful repair.  I would let you work on my projects any day!!

I agree that you did a great job on the project.

However my reply is to congratulate you on the excellent reporting that you did on each stage of the project.  All too often folks work a project and fail to get the photos and keep a record of what was done.  You did a really outstanding job of documentation on the project! 8)

This sort of document can be extremely valuable to someone with a similar problem in the future.  This is one of the repair job documents that should be linked into the site resources, it may be helpful to others in the future.

Again, Well Done!

John

Molaker said:
I recently completed my little cabover bunk reconstruction project.  Having viewed Memory Roads fantastic job, I was hesitant to display my much less professional job.  But, I decided, "What the heck?"  I'm an old guy with old guy aches and pains.  I did what I could with what I could afford so why not let others at least see what not to do.  So, here's my project.
Would Tom or one of the staff please change the hyperlink under "here's my project" in my original post to http://www.wanderlust.theozarkerr.com/Pumpkin%20Patch/Pumpkin%20Patch%201.asp.  For some reason, I'm not offered an 'edit' link and I am moving the pages to a sub-web on my server.

You may delete this post after the link is fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Tom,

Ned took care of the link. FWIW the Modify button stays visible for 24 hours.

Hello Molaker,

Thanks for your "tip of the hat"(and link) to my blog's coverage of the Memory Road's Cab Over Project.  Very kind of you.

I just found your posting and tried to click on 'Your' project and basicly got an error message.  PM if you wish, but I'd really like to see another success story.

Stay well, keep smiling and happy travels.

ron

OK, Just to let you know, I kept clicking and got your pages to show, so maybe something on my end.  Nice Job on Joyce's Pumpkin! ron

memoryroads said:
OK, Just to let you know, I kept clicking and got your pages to show, so maybe something on my end.  Nice Job on Joyce's Pumpkin! ron
Thanks for the good words.  I recently moved my Pumpkin pages to a sub-website and am still working on it - probably while your were trying to access it.  Sorry if you had difficulties.  I was working on the main menu.  I think I've about got it settled down now.

Wow!  What a job!  I can appreciate what went into it because we are having some of the same problems on my Arctic Fox travel trailer.  We are finding some pretty lousy engineering and construction.  Ron is a perfectionist and the repair will be BETTER than new!

Back
Top Bottom