Computer Backup Terminology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
John,

Had the same thing happen to me - once - with an APC Back-UPS Pro. Software was great and backed stuff up before the battery went too low, then did a quiescent shutdwon. Except for once when the battery was kaput. After that, I ran #8 stranded to a small 12V car battery and bypassed the internal battery completely.

Karl:

kkolbus said:
Bob,

You only need to do a full backup once, then do incremental backups after that. Yes, your full will take some time to upload, but the incrementals will(should) be much faster because they'll be a lot smaller.

Yes, that's true -- it's just that I'm talking 9 Gig or so. Have you had opportunity to upload a huge file on your DW? It's like a girl I once dated - she lived on Tough street - the farther you went, the tougher it got, and she lived in the last house. Every time I upload a larger file, the transfer time starts out slow, then gets slower and slower. It is important data though, and I must get my "off premises" backup strategy in place. Thanks for the suggestion.

((the farther you went, the tougher it got, and she lived in the last house))

Bob,

And you are going to leave us at that point in the story????

Bob,

I understand exactly what you mean. You're probably fapping out, so it gets slower and slowwwer and slowwwwwwer. Maybe some smalller partitions could help. I'm sure Ned has some ideas on that. BTW: I think we dated the same woman(girl) ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom