Corona virus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oldgator73 said:
We are in quarantine for two weeks. Grandkids can?t go to school and daughter and son in law home for two weeks. We have plenty of food but will rout of wine soon.  8)
Stay well......  and sober ?

" We have plenty of food but will rout of wine soon. "
Ron't run rout shtoo rong til youuuu can rrrrefilllll.

Oldgator73 said:
We are in quarantine for two weeks. Grandkids can?t go to school and daughter and son in law home for two weeks. We have plenty of food but will rout of wine soon.  8)

A quick wine run and then you're good to go.  Enjoy your time with your family.  Stay safe and stay well. 

From what I heard, the preliminary vaccine was a single shot, followed by a 1 week quarantine. I have heard some sources say that it may alter DNA, but the jury is still out on that.

But I have also heard that some people that got the virus already have gotten it a 2nd time. It seems that the virus is mutating at a rate faster than anything we have seen in modern times.

Ya gotta stop listening to "sources", cerd. You will drive yourself nuts with uninformed rumors.  Go with Phizer's official disclosure: their vaccine is two doses over 21 days and 90% immunity is achieved 7 days after the second dose, i.e. 28 days after the first dose.

Now on to opinion:  I am skeptical that the Phizer vaccine will ever go into mass distribution. It is logistically difficult and expensive, with two doses a fixed time apart, plus difficult to store and handle. Unless none of the other candidates pans out, mass vaccination will probably get done via a different type that can be done with a single dose and transported/stored more easily.

cerd said:
But I have also heard that some people that got the virus already have gotten it a 2nd time. It seems that the virus is mutating at a rate faster than anything we have seen in modern times.

Nope, not mutating.  Some studies have shown that re-infection occurrences have shown up in people whose antibody titer starts dropping about 90 days after the first infection.  No one knows why yet, but it's an individual's immune system that is suspect, not the virus itself.

Linda

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Ya gotta stop listening to "sources", cerd. You will drive yourself nuts with uninformed rumors.  Go with Phizer's official disclosure: their vaccine is two doses over 21 days and 90% immunity is achieved 7 days after the second dose, i.e. 28 days after the first dose.
Usually, these sources are the news. I tune into multiple media outlets since its impossible to find a single unbiased source of information. I never take anything to heart and always take it with a dose of skepticism.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Now on to opinion:  I am skeptical that the Phizer vaccine will ever go into mass distribution. It is logistically difficult and expensive, with two doses a fixed time apart, plus difficult to store and handle. Unless none of the other candidates pans out, mass vaccination will probably get done via a different type that can be done with a single dose and transported/stored more easily.
Phizer has been manufacturing massive quantities of the vaccine while awaiting approval. They say that a distribution network is being built and they?ll hit the ground running when approval is granted.

John From Detroit said:
Yesterday's T.Rump Virus Counts. per NYT
TOTAL REPORTED ON NOV. 8 14-DAY CHANGE
Cases 10 million - - - - - - 103,657 - - - - - - +59%
Deaths 238,031 - - - - - - - - - -464  - - - - - -+14%
Everything?s political with you John. You just had to go there.

cerd said:
From what I heard, the preliminary vaccine was a single shot, followed by a 1 week quarantine. I have heard some sources say that it may alter DNA, but the jury is still out on that.

I too have heard of relapses but have a theory

As for the "Alter DNA".... Crap. pure bull crap. Remember there are those who want to kill us... They feed this crap to the Anti-Vaxers who, of course, suck it up like it was the finest of Ambrosia.  Then spread it around so others refuse the vaccination.

As for the virus mutating.. Might not be the case.

When I take antibotics.. at least most of them.. I DO NOT LIKE The drugs I do not like how I feel and thus I'm strongly tempted to cut the series short once I feel better.. but the difference between myself and far too many is that I know I'm still infected. Just "Below threshold" so I finish the course.. 

Not all do that. so they get "Re-infected" only it's not a re-infection. it is the same one flareing back up.

And with this virus.. I'm not so sure you should not double the course. (Take 4 weeks instead of 2)  Had to do that once due to an insect bite.

Back
Top Bottom