Costco/Kirtland Toilet Paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jlazar said:
Any issues with using the Costco brand toilet paper in a Class A?

That's all we use but always make sure black tank is near full before dumping. No problems so far.

There is a doc in the library on TP, but it is horribly dated.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113:toilet-paper-test-results&catid=41&Itemid=132

Kirkland did not fair well in the testing that fed this document.
We did our own testing on the TP we use, which received a horrible rating on this document, but our recent testing shows much improved results.

I was wondering how to get that document in the library updated to reflect current testing

We have used Costco's Kirkland brand TP for years with no problem.  It's labeled septic safe on the wrapping.  Just make sure you used plenty of water when flushing.

LarsMac said:
There is a doc in the library on TP, but it is horribly dated.

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=113:toilet-paper-test-results&catid=41&Itemid=132

Kirkland did not fair well in the testing that fed this document.
We did our own testing on the TP we use, which received a horrible rating on this document, but our recent testing shows much improved results.

I was wondering how to get that document in the library updated to reflect current testing

Send a pm to Tom Jones and he will update it for you.

When Costco switched suppliers and went from indiviidually wrapped to 6 pack wrapped we gave it a try.  The crud is horrible.  Mis made, two ply turned into 1 ply on several rolls.  Complaints to Costco went no where, so we switched to another brand.  Works well, still decent two ply.  Unless Costco goes back to its original supplier I would recomend people avoid the garbage like the plague.

Our local Costco in Oregon sells the individually wrapped Kirkland TP.  We have never seen the 6-roll packs.

We use Scott for tender tush maintenance.  We have used all brands, got a pyramid going during one foray although I do not remember the brand.  Plenty of water is the key for us.

Scott's is the brand we use most and it's available in Walmart. I did the paper in cup of water test and the Scott's was better than the RV specific one which I think was Thetford but not 100%,on brand. Lots of water is key.

We use Cottonwood ultra strong or comfort care, depending on what is on sale. We Use plenty of water, but not an inordinate amount. We have been using it from just a weekend trip to months at a time. We haven't had a problems out of the ordinary. Our sensors are so far off from where they should be, we don't pay a whole lot of attention to them. I just dump and rinse with built-in flush. We haven't had any real problem with our sensors reading, it's just they are located at the wrong height from the factory. On the rare occasion that one reads when I'm done flushing the tank, I may flush the tank again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom