Crank Up Sat System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevela

I am looking to install a Vangard crank up sat system.  I have a WW toyhaller and need some help in installing same.  I need to know were is the best place to put it on the roof and how hard is it to install it.  I am gong to try to install it my self if it is not to hard to do.  Any help I would be great full;;

Location should be determined using the checklist supplied by Vanguard. Make sure it is easily accessible from inside the RV and that there is no wiring in the area you will be drilling.

I rewired the coax on my coach to add a second feed from a dual LNB and ran the cable on top of the roof about four feet to the front shell of the motorhome which was easily accessible and near my sat receiver but that may not be the case for you. Running them down through the roof into an overhead cabinet is also a way to hide the installation.

Good luck.

When looking for a Satellite dish mount consider where you park as well.. If you often park under a tree, avoid the roof and go with a tripod, the tripod can often be set away from the tree where it can actually see the sky and pick up the bird.  A roof mount will give you no joy when parked under a tree... Trust me  I have roof tv and tripod i- net

I use our roof mount 99% of the time, it is MUCH more convienent that a tripod. I get in the habit of asking for a sat friendly site when checking in to campgrounds.

We also carry a tripod mount I purchased for 100.00 that I have used twice in two years.

Just thinking out loud -- if you have a crank-up TV antenna now, couldn't you remove it and install the crank-up sat dish in the place? Something I've been considering, but that's about as far as it gone up to this point.

Larry

My 1994 Dolphin had a crankup dish with a round disk antenna for regular TV mounted on the top. It had been installed in the same place as the batwing antenna. Doing this would still require another cable to be pulled in for the dish.The dish worked great, but the circular antenna part was very mediocre at best for somewhat distant TV stations. My newer Horizon has separate antennas. The batwing antenna is far superior.

Wayne

The more I think and with Wayne's remarks about another cable, I believe that I'm just going to go the dish on a tripod next to my entertainment slide out that is already prepped for Sat and leave Mr. Batwing alone. Thinking outloud --- We spent a night in Caddo TX (50 or so miles east of Dallas on I30). Dallas stations were next to non-existant, but it did beat attempting to see the stations lineup in the reflection off the moon. Didn't seem to make much difference with or without the booster turned on - maybe the amp doesn't work - I'll have to check it out. I feel another item has just appeared on the "HoneyDo" list ....

Thanx for the input.

Larry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom