Cruiser by Crossroads // 15" wheels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysamm

Hi All,
Does anyone have any experience with the Cruiser by CrossRoads?  It seems to be a quality fifth wheel.  The 15" wheels seemed small for the 30' size, Is that a problem or normal size for a 5th wheel.
I'm tossing between rear kitchen or side kitchen, does anyone have any input on that?  I like the 2 side windows you get with a rear kitchen.  However that back window is nice also with a side kitchen.
As always I enjoy any feedback.
Lori

We have owned our Cruiser 29CK for a year now and couldn't be happier. The layout with the center kitchen works very well for our life style. The wrap-around counter keeps the wife from in frount of the TV and gives her lots of room for cooking. We have only had a couple of minor repairs that were taken care of quickly and courteously. If I were going to buy another TT in the near future, you can be sure that the Cruiser 29CK would be at the top of the list.

I'd prefer 16" tires, but 15" is pretty common for that size range. Check the tire weight carrying capacity vs the axle rating - you should have a comfortable margin there. Then check the  axle GAWR vs the trailer GVWR. It has become common for manufacturers to skimp on the axles, making the sum of the 2 (or 3) axles less than the GVWR by a substantial margin. he rationale os that the tow vehicle carries a hefty share of the weight via the hitch. It's true - it does, but that leaves you with only marginal brakes on the trailer (the brakes are rated to stop the axle GAWR only) and an axle that can be severely stressed by a pothole. Hopefully the Cruiser hasn't succumbed to this cost saving measure yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffandjoan
Back
Top Bottom