Daddy do item

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

Our daughter, SIL and family live over 900 miles from us.  Due to the pandemic, and her job in our National Department of Health, she has been working 24/7 since February.  This is our Thanksgiving long weekend, so she and their family decided to go camping in their pop up with the neighbour.  When they started down the road, the neighbour who was driving behind noticed their brake lights were not working.  ( I have told them multiple times not to move until the check the brake and running lights). They were near to their trailer dealership, but the service department was closed for the long weekend.  So, our phone rings, and it is dad how do we fix it!.  I had them try the running lights, they didn't work either, so I knew in all likely hood it was a loose ground connection, and to check the white wires from the TT to the back of the car.
    Sure enough, the white wire where the 7 pin connector was attached to the wiring harness was loose.  30 second fix, and they were on their way, but just another instance of what a Post Graduate university degree does not teach you.

Ed

I don?t have to worry about it. Our SIL can fix almost anything.  ?...but just another instance of what a Post Graduate university degree does not teach you?. I have an M.Ed but also have an associates degree in HVAC. Best of both worlds.

Gee..  I have two pieces of wall paper from a 2 year college One is a science degree.
The other... Well it just happens to be an electronics certification. They teach us to check the white wire.  Among others.

I spent over 35 years as an automotive tech.  I also have 5 sons.  I think I average about 2 calls a week asking for repair assistance over the phone.
Heck, a couple of them call me for help fixing their friend's cars.

Old_Crow said:
I spent over 35 years as an automotive tech.  I also have 5 sons.  I think I average about 2 calls a week asking for repair assistance over the phone.
Heck, a couple of them call me for help fixing their friend's cars.

I can do just about anything needs to be done electrical, plumbing, carpentry but automotive wise I have to take it elsewhere. My biggest problem is I can?t squat or kneel so anything down low is out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom