Damage to captain's chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill P.

We travel with cats in a 2008 Discovery--one cat damaged the top of the head rests.  We are considering seat covers, reupholstering or replacement.  If anyone has experience with this issue, I would appreciate your advice.  Bill

I was able to cut a piece of fabric from the side skirt where nobody can see it (Since we never rotate the seats around) and "Cement" it to the damaged area.

however, with cats, May I recommend finding an armorer and haveing him make some chain mail seat covers?

(note: I'm only half joking here,  There really are armorers who make chain mail these days and if you like the idea I can tell you where to find one or two on occasion.. Actually I can point you to folks who know where they sell)

Did the damage occur from the cats clawing at the chair? If so, do what we did, and declaw the cat. It is cheaper than reupholstering your furniture. There are a few animal activists here that make silly claims about how declawing a cat somehow hurts them or changes them. However lasers are now used and it doesn't hurt the cat a bit, totally bloodless. There was absolutely no difference in the cat before and after the operation. Of course if it is an outdoor cat then that is out of the question.

seilerbird said:
Did the damage occur from the cats clawing at the chair? If so, do what we did, and declaw the cat. It is cheaper than reupholstering your furniture. There are a few animal activists here that make silly claims about how declawing a cat somehow hurts them or changes them. However lasers are now used and it doesn't hurt the cat a bit, totally bloodless. There was absolutely no difference in the cat before and after the operation. Of course if it is an outdoor cat then that is out of the question.

vets can cut the tendons nullifying the claws destructive properties. :-\

DAN L said:
vets can cut the tendons nullifying the claws destructive properties. :-\

The downside of that is that the cat's claws are a major portion of it's natural defense.. And that removes the ability of the cat to defend both itself and on occasion you.

There recently was a story where someone who has a cat as a pet was attacked.. The attacker "lost fact" or rather a good protion of it, cause the cat knew how to use it's claws.. Also when and where.

Folks I respect call de-clawing and/or that kind of surgery "Cruelty". I can not argue with them.

You don't declaw an outdoor cat. An indoor cat has no need to defend itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom