Delivery and Inservice of My Country Coach tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

At 10:00 in the morning I am meeting the new owners of my DP.

I intend to spend as much time as they want going over all of the details and projects as well as showing them how everything works.

I have spent lots of time going over the the good, bad, and the few ugly features and specifics about the coach.

I have spent countless hours talking with many different potential buyers.  Usually, I sound like I am talking them out of buying it.  Maybe a little bit of seller's reluctance and a bit of making sure that I match up the buyer to the coach.

This is the first time that I have sold an RV.  I have previously given five of them away, ( one Class A Dutch Star, 3 Class C's and a Conversion Van).

I have sent out email response packages of at least 6 emails including pictures, links to the coach projects on the RVForum and copies of the inspection report to about 50 different people.

I have sold it three different times with payment issues.  This time, (the fourth) I actually have already received the full payment by wire transfer and it is in my account.

After finishing the delivery tomorrow I am having them stop by my house to pick up all kinds of extras that will surprise them.

I also put 6 new tires on the coach a little over a week ago.

I also have three of the previous potential buyers that were on the fence that are now mad at me for selling it.

Attachments

• r010.jpg
    r010.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 72
  • r018.jpg
    r018.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 67
  • r20200219_152111.jpg
    r20200219_152111.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 73
I guess congratulations are in order, but I have to admit that I was hoping you'd hang onto it and we'd hook up again somewhere Bill. I'm definitely glad to hear that you got the money in the bank though.

Kev

Bill, Are you selling the Jeep and tow bar?  I want to take the plunge and get me a 4 down tow. 

This is a lesson to potential buyers...you keep looking long enough and you will find a guy, like Bill, the real deal. 

Honest people selling motor homes are out there.  You just have to keep throwing out cards from the Deck of cards until you find one.

Congrats! 

JD

Sorry,  they stopped making Jeep Commanders a while back.

I have two of them.

The one that I tow has more modification and projects done to it than the Country Coach and has only about 60K miles on it.

i used to be a moderator on the Jeep Commander  web site.

HueyPilotVN said:
Sorry,  they stopped making Jeep Commanders a while back.

I have two of them.

The one that I tow has more modification and projects done to it than the Country Coach and has only about 60K miles on it.

i used to be a moderator on the Jeep Commander  web site.

Darn.  Didn't hurt to ask.  To the board, I am looking for a good used 4 down tow vehicle with all the towing assy installed, so if you are out there and wanting to sell, just IM me.  Does not have to be a jeep, just 4 down tow capable.

JD

X-Roughneck said:
Darn.  Didn't hurt to ask.  To the board, I am looking for a good used 4 down tow vehicle with all the towing assy installed, so if you are out there and wanting to sell, just IM me.  Does not have to be a jeep, just 4 down tow capable.

JD

You should place a message down in the "For Sale and Wanted" section.

Koodog said:
Bill,
Who did you list with to get buyers?

The vast majority of the leads came from the RVTrader.

Update:

I spent about 3 hours with Jeff the buyer from Colorado.

He did know most of the key things as he had just sold his Newmar Mountain Aire gas coach.

I answered every question that we could come up with, looked in every cubbyhole and he is very satisfied and happy.

His Blazer even matched the silver color in the coach.

He is on his way to Colorado

Attachments

• rIMG_4827.jpg
    rIMG_4827.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 61
This has been quite a ride for you. Glad it's behind you. Though, like Kevin, I was hoping you'd decide to keep it. You'll be missed.

Thanks Tom.

I am certainly not an RV salesman.  I kept talking them out of buying it.

I can sell 2 to 3 Million dollar mobile surgery units but not RV's

Attachments

• ramohs.jpg
    ramohs.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 43
Good news Bill,

It will be my bet that the buyer will keep in contact with you even though you've given him  instructions as those machines are quite complicated.

Our Country Coach buyer still sends texts, email or calls for advice.  It keeps us in touch with  our good old rig and we love it! 

Sad day in some ways Bill but I'm sure you will hang around here for a long time to keep us on our toes. The guy is getting a lovely coach.

Congrats Bill - If Karen and I are out your way we'll stop by and you can show me around my CC and get the tour the dealer couldn't provide.  I find new gizmos or unknowns every day.  Really enjoying our CC.  Stay safe!

Ed

Our Country Coach buyer still sends texts, email or calls for advice.  It keeps us in touch with  our good old rig and we love it!

Phew, I was afraid you were going to block my number.

I really appreciate the safety net.

ELeland said:
Congrats Bill - If Karen and I are out your way we'll stop by and you can show me around my CC and get the tour the dealer couldn't provide.  I find new gizmos or unknowns every day.  Really enjoying our CC.  Stay safe!

Ed

I would be glad to share any information that might help.

I fully expect the new owner, Jeff to call whenever he has a question.

Back
Top Bottom