dewald leveling and slides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sprintracer28

i recently purchased a 2002 gulfstream friendship and am having problems with levelers not working at all and the living room slide works part time and has to stop ever few inches and wiat , but the bedroom slide works fine. we have nobody around my area that works on this stuff...

The first thing I would check is the fluid level. It can be be in the area of the electric pump. If you don't know where it is, have someone attempt to open up the slides and locate it that way. It should be easily visible in one of your storage bays

Do you hear the hydraulic pump running when you try and activate the levelers?  Is there power / lights on the control unit?  Low fluid may be your issue as mentioned, but we'd need some more info.  Could be a blown fuse (if no power) or fluid leak somewhere that can be tracked down.

Intermittent slide operation sounds like a bad electrical connection somewhere.  I'd try to replace the switch first and see if that helps.  There are other fuses/relays along the line that could be found, but it'll be a step by step process to figure it out.

Welcome to RV'ing... :)  This kind of tinkering is pretty common with these things!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bullfrog1954
Back
Top Bottom