Dish Playmaker Satellite Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksmoody

I just bough a Dish Playmaker Satellite Dish.
Has anyone had a problem of one disappearing from a campsite at night?
If they do wander away, what is the best way to lock it down at my campsite?

It may have happened somewhere, but I've never heard of or seen mention of one going missing on any of the RV forums I follow. I do know of one fellow that had a Tailgater sitting out by the park road with a for sale sign on it that came back from shopping to find it gone. When he got to his RV though, there was an envelope taped to the door with a name and site number on it, and a check inside for the full asking price.

What a great story. Thank you, I won't worry about it walking away.

Obviously pay attention to your surroundings. If you somehow end up in a park that strikes you as questionable, then it might be worth keeping a closer eye on anything left outside. Fortunately those parks are few overall though.

ksmoody said:
I just bough a Dish Playmaker Satellite Dish.
Has anyone had a problem of one disappearing from a campsite at night?
If they do wander away, what is the best way to lock it down at my campsite?

I had similar concerns when we started out with out Pathway X2. However, dozens of parks later across many states we've never had an issue. In fact, there's been some places where in order to get a line of sight I had to run about 100 feet of cable which had the Pathway far from the coach. In some cases, even across the road at the edge of some brush. It's always on a small, basic tripod but never "secured" in any way. Also we stay almost exclusively in State & regional sites and I suppose I might not feel so comfortable in some private campgrounds in certain areas.

Of course that's not to say that at some point it will walk away in the middle of the night, but I don't worry about it any longer.

When I bought my Tailgater,, I ran a loop if aviation grade cable tru the handle and taped it along the coaxial cable..  I lock it to the motorhome at the same point that I attach the coax..  The problem with a remote antenna is the very real possibility of forgetting it when leaving camp..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom