Do you leave linens in trailer during the winter or storage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene, I think you meant to link to this "bucket trap" thread: Ultimate mouse trap.  And I agree wholeheartedly on its use, having experienced its success!

I'm not a mouse expert, but it seems logical that they go inside in the winter to (1) look for food, and (2) look for shelter/warmth.  They will learn quickly that there is no food, and will find it elsewhere.  Next objective, shelter.  If you leave any accessible paper/fabric products available, you should plan for it to become mouse bedding.  P.S. They poop and pee all around their beds!  :p

This trap is very cheap and easy to build.  I would put one in the RV regardless of past history.  The mice will be hungry, so feed them with this trap before they try to take up residence.  No dead mice in the walls.  No need to reset the trap every time you catch one. Real cheap preventive maintenance.

Since this is my first winter with my rv, I decided to take out all food stuff and also anything else that draws moisture like bedding and clothes. After a month of not using it, I went out to check on it and the inside felt clammy so that was my choice. I also hooked it up to shore power and then turn the heater on to around 65 degrees and that seems to be right for keeping it dry inside.  I have a small heater/fan unit but am not sure I like the idea of it kicking on and off without me being there. Would hate to have to deal with a fire in the rv!

Wasn't sure if it would be okay to leave everything except food stuff or not so decided it doesn't take that much to put stuff back in in time for first spring trip.

We take all the food out of our 5th wheel and that's it. Everything else stays just as though we're ready to use it. We store it inside an 80x100 steel building and have never had a problem with mice. (barn cats take care of the mice)

We empty our travel trailer every year (except last year because we forgot). We leave the mattresses and cushions in there regardless. Just winterized it a couple of weeks ago and had three dead mice inside my garbage can under the sink!

Always been a little evidence of them under the sink, but never actually seen them before!

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom