Dolphin 634D water tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boogieman2

I don't see any place to pour water into my water tank on my 1994 Dolphin.  All I see is a place to attach a pressured garden hose.  How can I add water to my tank from a hand carried jug? 

Same on my Winnebago.  We tend to dry camp a lot so what did was to use the winterization siphon hose. My tank is right under our bed, hose easily reaches a 5 gallon jug.

At least in my case I don't think I could just dump into the tank through the hose attachment, even if I flip the to fill position.  I suppose you could try it and see if it works in your case.  Need to place the jug on a ladder or something higher, which I've done with the gravity fill types.

My Damon Intruder is set up the same way - no external fill on the freshwater tank, just a valve you turn to fill it from the pressurized city water inlet.

I got an inexpensive 12 volt water pump from Harbor Freight, attached a short hose to the inlet and a garden hose to the outlet through an adapter and use it to pump water into the city water inlet.  Works great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-water-pump-94639.html

My Dutch Star is set up so that I can turn a couple of valves and fill the tank from a separate suction hose using the installed water pump.  If I use the liquid antifreeze method of winterizing, it uses the same setup only with slightly different valve settings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Floss71
Back
Top Bottom