Dometic absorbtion fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't waste money on a control board. Clearly it is activating the heater/burner because the fridge section is chilling as it should. As I explained earlier, there is no separate control function for the freezer, nor is there any sensor that tells the control board whether the freezer is warm or cold.

The issue is that on either LP or 115v the freezer gets down to -12 to -20 degrees. The fridge gets down to 3-5 degrees. Then it's almost like the system forgets to monitor the thermistor [Just replaced that component today, so that rules out the thermostor being the issue?].

The system will work again if I turn the refrigerator off and then on again. It will cool everything to optimal temperature and then warm up again. It does this whether it's it's cool or warm outside. I'm in Canada and it's 3-5 degrees at night and 12-18 degrees during the day.

I'm at a loss what to do.
Make sure the refrigerator door seal is working properly. If cold air is escaping there it will raise the temperature of the refrigerator section.

Take a piece of paper like a dollar bill and close the door on it. Then pull it out and you should feel some drag if the door is sealing properly. Check several places all around the door.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom