Dometic fridge issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cam78

Hello...I have an interesting problem with the Dometic fridge in our Springdale. The unit operates great on propane up until the furnace comes on, then within a minute the check light flashes and the unit starts beeping. I can then turn the fridge off and back on again and the issue resolves itself until the next time the furnace comes on. Not a big deal during the day, but a slight annoyance in the middle of the night. My understanding is this is due to the fridge failing to light on propane. Buy why only when the furnace comes on?

Should I start troubleshooting at the fridge control board or could it be a propane flow issue
due to a bad regulator?

Thanks everyone.

Sounds like a gas flow issue to me. Instead of throwing parts at the problem its probably worth having the system pressure/flow tested. Most likely I would guess is the regulator going bad.

I can see two possible causes. The first is low gas flow. this can be caused by a bad regulator, of by oil (from the propane) collecting in the regulator, or in a low point of the gas lines.

Another possibility could be a voltage drop in the 12 volt supply, due to the current draw from the furnace blower.

Joel

My first guess is the propane regulator, do you know how old it is? These regulators should be replaced every 7-10 years.

A couple possibilities:

• The furnace is stealing much of the available gas supply, so the fridge can't get enough to re-ignite. The furnace is a big consumer of LP, and could possibly drop the gas pressure or actually use most of the gas if the flow from the tank & regulator is low.
  • The furnace fan is also a major consumer of 12v power, several amps for the fans. Conceivably the DC voltage drops enough to interfere with the fridge control board or its gas solenoid.

My first guess is the propane regulator, do you know how old it is? These regulators should be replaced every 7-10 years.
Thanks! We bought the trailer new in 2019, so almost 2 years old. I wouldn't think it would fail that soon, but I'm sure they didn't put the highest quality stuff on the trailer from the factory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom