Dometic Refrigerator Fire In Our Motorhome --- Pretty Scary!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for posting this experience and keeping us all updated.  It has provided good information from which we can all learn.  Glad it has worked out for you.

Insurance payouts are rated two ways.  "At fault" which would include a traffic crash that was determined to be YOUR fault, or negligence of some kind that resulted in damage...."Non fault / no fault" refers to so-called acts of God...

Good point Scott. My situation was clearly the at-fault variety, whereas Rolf's was not.

This thread has moved away from a refer fire and into insurance, so I'll add a note.

If you hit a deer, it is not a chargeable accident, you don't pay your deductible, and you do not get charged any points.

Now, if you swerve to miss the deer and hit a tree (or run into a ditch, etc,)  then it is a charageable accident and you pay.  So, hit the deer.

I hit an 8 point buck, did $5,000 damage to the Jeep, and it did not cost me anything.  I probably would have tried to miss the darn thing, but it came out of nowhere and I had no time to react.  Hit the deer.

Ditto what FE man said. Mike hit a deer once and the insurance company paid even thought the deer got up and ran away.

Wendy
Pismo State Beach

FEman said:
I hit an 8 point buck, did $5,000 damage to the Jeep, and it did not cost me anything.

That's because your deductible on the Comprehensive portion of your auto insurance was set at $0 (common).  It's almost always lower than Collision coverage, which is what kicks in when you swerve and crash into the ditch.  That being said, you're correct that a Comprehensive claim (no fault) is always better to have on your insurance record than a Collision claim.

Back
Top Bottom