Dometic RM2652 Freezer OK / Fridge Warm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedoors

Any one please help.  We were about to embark on our families summer vacation when we noticed that our freezer was working fine but the fridge was still room temp.  From what I can tell, we have no ventilation blockages and I can see that our burner is lit from behind the fridge.  Any ideas?

Well, freezer and fridge share the same cooling unit, so that's probably working ok.  Is the fridge empty or full of food? It's easy to block internal air flow when the fridge is full and the box stays warm even though the cooling fins at the back are cold. There is no fan inside to circulate cold air as in a residential fridge, so it relies on convection to move the cold air to other shelves.

How are the door seals? If you close a dollar bill in the door, is it easy to pul out or do you feel resistence?

There should be a thermistor (temperature sensor) clipped to oneof the cooling fins inside the fridge. Is it still attached? Itwon't work right if dangling loose.

Thanks for the response ... turns out it took 8 hours + to cool the fridge when empty.  Longer than I expected.

thedoors said:
Thanks for the response ... turns out it took 8 hours + to cool the fridge when empty.  Longer than I expected.

That is a long time, there are discussions on the Forum about  installing a 12V cooling fan in the burner compartment to help cool things down.

The thermistor Gary mentioned also determines the cooling in the refrigerator side.

It is not uncommon for it to take a long time to cool a warmed fridge down to a proper temperature, the freezer cools much faster. We always turn our on the night before we are leaving on a trip. When packing the fridge make sure all the items are precooled, or at least as many as possible. For future reference try www.bryantrv.com/docs.html this web site for the service manual for your fridge.

Back
Top Bottom