Driver's Door: Could you live without it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interestingly, I was just reading a thread on iRV2 on the same subject. It reminded me that my fuel fill was on the driver side, in addition to our hookups. Easy to get to when you have a door on that side. Yes, it did make it easy when having to work under the dash on that side.

I'll just add mine. My first 2 motorhomes had drivers door, Southwind and Adventurer. Loved it, especially if I had to do anything under dash. My Country Coach did not have one, and I missed it a few times but never bothered me.

I miss not having a door on the driver side of my Class A. Sometimes it is a hassle when I need to get out to check clearances for a very tight spot.

I have to back up my driveway in Auburn. Then when I get up on top, there is a tight turn where I must be in reverse for a few more feet. I have to get out on the opposite side of the motorhome to check things out, so I don't smash into anything. Sometimes, I have a car or two waiting for me there too as I block the entire road above my driveway.

I certainly prefer my three-door Class C than my 1-door class A in such tight spots. Also, it being shorter helps. So it is a lot easier to get my Class C out than my Class A, for those two reasons.

-Don- Reno, NV

Mine has a drivers door and I've never used it. It's a big step down and cumbersome to get out compared to the side door. The only thing I would ever use it for is as an emergency exit, if needed.

When we searched for a motorcoach a few years ago there were a few that had a driver's door, we did not consider it a factor in our decision whatsoever, as we were buying a used motorcoach condition of roof and upkeep/maintenance of powertrain were foremost in our minds.

When we searched for a motorcoach a few years ago there were a few that had a driver's door, we did not consider it a factor in our decision whatsoever, as we were buying a used motorcoach condition of roof and upkeep/maintenance of powertrain were foremost in our minds.
I think the only way possible to get a motorhome exactly the way I want would be to have enough money to get somebody to build it exactly the way I want. And even if I did, I am not real sure if such will be totally possible. And a driver door would be a requirement for me.

But when I was searching for a new Class A, that was not on the top of my list of the types of things I was mainly looking for.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Back
Top Bottom