Dryer Lint Problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gregrn28

I am having a great deal of problems with my majestic Dryer that vents to the outside.  It does not have a lint tra[p and the lint makes a mess outside.  Now, the belt broke and I noted that there was a huger build up of lint in the drum between the drum and wall of the outer drum not allowing it to turn smoothly.  It took 4 hour to clean the stupid thing out with a vacuum sucking though the little holes on the inside.  No one informed me to keep that clean.  I wish they had.  Any suggestions? to keep this from happening again, besides the obvious sucking once a month.  Greg

Lint build up in dryers is a constant problem, I can not offer assistance with the lack of a lint trap on the exhaust but as for the build up inside, and inside the exhaust vent, regular attention with a shop vac is about the only solution.

NOTE: this applies to ALL dryers, RV, Home, Industrial, ALL of them

I perform semi annual maintenance on the hose connection from the washer/dryer (vented outside).  I remove the exterior vent cap, and with the dryer running, therefore pushing air through the vent pipe, I unblock the pipe of the lint accumulation with a blunt end rigid length of plastic.  A metal prod can tear the aluminum vent pipe, so care must be taken until a clear opening can be seen.

Reinstall your vent cap using a new stainless steel screw and you're done for another six months.

Steve said:
Reinstall your vent cap using a new stainless steel screw and you're done for another six months.

Steve, reading your message made me go outside to check my vent. The exterior cover has no less than 8 screws, all painted as part of the coach color.

Hi Tom!

I'll take a closer look at how newer coaches install dryer vents at future rally exhibits.  I was thinking of the simple vent cover used on our coach that uses one (originally rusty) screw, which I replaced with a shiny new stainless steel screw. 8)

Sounds like your coach has one of those new hi tech vent covers!! ;)

LOL Steve, I don't know about a hi-tech cover. As you see from the photo, it's like a shroud on the outside, and you can just see the flapper beneath. look closely and you can see some lint I haven't removed  ;D

When we arrived at Davis Cabinets today a nice Country Coach next to us had the same cover, but an off-white that didn't match the colors of the coach. Looked like a generic replacement that hadn't yet been painted. Stood out like a sore thumb, which is what would happen if I put 8 stainless steel screws in mine.

Attachments

• dryer_vent.jpg
    dryer_vent.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom