Easy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how do i get value from this forum. can't search anything
Click the Search button in the upper right. Alternatively, click the Forums button in the upper left, select a forum, and scroll though the topics/threads.

As for "value", you didn't pay anything to join this forum. Countless forum members and volunteer staff answer questions here daily, but only if you ask.

You can also click the Resources button above and search/view numerous helpful articles.

How's that for value?

Click the Search button in the upper right. Alternatively, click the Forums button in the upper left, select a forum, and scroll though the topics/threads.

As for "value", you didn't pay anything to join this forum. Countless forum members and volunteer staff answer questions here daily, but only if you ask.

You can also click the Resources button above and search/view numerous helpful articles.

How's that for value?
Best Value Ever !!

Welcome aboard Easy. Stick around. You'll figure things out.

You have to get through a certain number of posts, I think, before the robo-security stuff turns off.

The search is described as above. Just be a bit cautious when replying to searched threads - It's really common to find 2+ year old topics where the original issue is long gone. But don't worry, we all have replied to really old topics at one point or another.

Another method of searching is using Google. Enter your search term then a space then site:rvforum.net

For example, enter the following in a Google search box georgie boy site:rvforum.net and Google will return every reference to georgie boy on this forum.

Charles

Last edited:
Another method of searching is using Google. Enter your search term then a space then site:rvforum.net

For example, enter the following in a Google search box georgie boy site:rvforum.net and Google will return every reference to georgia boy on this forum.

Charles
I learned something new today - never knew Google had that feature.

"All" of these Forum software packages have a native search mode.

Some integrate the Google search engine into the package. However each "plug in" requires a level of support and payment to keep up with the changing software interfaces over time.

I am on another site with the google search integrated in. It's great to have that "power" when searching for something specific.

The integrations are why some sites are limited on what types of photos and other media are supported within the package.

Some integrate the Google search engine into the package. However each "plug in" requires a level of support and payment to keep up with the changing software interfaces over time.
At a point in time, we had Google integrated with our prior forum search. I removed it when a staff member complained it was finding "too many" related discussions :rolleyes:

At a point in time, we had Google integrated with our prior forum search. I removed it when a staff member complained it was finding "too many" related discussions :rolleyes:
Because nothing says "ineffective search" like producing results? :whistle:

I appreciate that position Tom. When I search here I'm looking for the community's expertise. If I want to google something that's what I do.

A great way to get more from a forum is to:
1. Never use your username for a thread title
2. Make your thread title clear about what you're looking for i.e. Getting Best Results with Search Here?
3. Post more than one sentence. Every story has a start, middle and end. Including your posts here.
4. Always tell us the relevant info: Year, Make, Model and floorplan of your RV. Include chassis info if relevant. Best to put it in your Signature in your Profile
5. Search doesn't work on common and or short words. "The", "A" "My", "And" etc. Many forum searches exclude all words less than 4 letters. I'm not positive about how this one is setup.

You know what you want to know... but we have no idea unless you tell us clearly and completely in your thread/post.

I appreciate that position Tom. When I search here I'm looking for the community's expertise. If I want to google something that's what I do.
Using Google like I showed above will ONLY search the forum or web site you specify. You don't get a bunch of other results mixed in, If you specify rvforum.net as the site to search, thats all it searches in.

You can use it to search other forums or web sites just as easily ...............

However, if the person writing the title or thread or post cannot spell correctly (such as brand names, or trade names) no search will do you much good. As in the case of georgie boy site:rvforum.net Which I just happen to pick because I saw the name in a thread title. Problem is, the OP actually spelled the title Georgia like the state, making it impossible for future searches to easily find it.

Georgia boy cruise master

I actually was able to buy a rather high quality hydraulic press off of Ebay due to this very thing. The person who posted it, spelled the manufacturer name Drake when in fact it was Dake, and if you search one, you don't find the other. I also found that many people spelled Hydraulic incorrectly as Hydrolic. I my case the seller listed it as a 10 ton press which I knew was incorrect, it was in fact, a 25 ton press. Yes, it took a drive in my Ford Ranger from south Atlanta to Woodbridge New Jersey to get it, but I only paid $150 when it should have sold for a thousand or more at the time. A new one was about $2500 I think.

When you are creating titles or typing posts, it behooves everyone to fully spell out words and insure that names, especially brand or trade names, model numbers, etc., are correctly spelled, spaced, hyphenated, etc., as it aids in future searches.

Charles

Last edited:
Using Google like I showed above will ONLY search the forum or web site you specify. You don't get a bunch of other results mixed in, If you specify rvforum.net as the site to search, thats all it searches in.
That's the way the integrated search worked; It just used Google's search engine to search the forum.

Back
Top Bottom