Electrical Expertise Revisited

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox2005

This is a revisit of an earlier post (Need Electrical Expertise).

I wanted a new start because there is one other fact not previously mentioned that I wonder about.

There were 6 episodes over a weeks time. It is now Monday morning and my handyman was here 48 hours ago on Saturday morning. There have been no episodes since then.

While he was here he replaced a doorbell that has not worked since we bought the house a little over a year ago. The new unit is an exact duplicate of the old one and included a new transformer. The old transformer that he removed appears undamaged, EXCEPT for slight discoloration (black) on the insulation of the neutral and ground wires on the primary side. No burning or melting visible, but still discolored.

So, is there any chance that this transformer was the culprit?

Bill

No way that I can see.  It's a very simple device and it's only failure modes are shorted or open. Neither could cause a power loss beyond the branch circuit that feeds it.

X's 2 what Gary said.

I would call the power company and at least let them check everything coming into the meter. They shouldn't charge you for checking things on their side.

It's not a safe to put it off until later..IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom