End of the Ford E Series Cutaway Chassis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Ford has announced that a Full sized Transit Van will replace the E Series Vans in 2014. Is this the end of the E Series Cutaway Chassis which is the basis of most Class Cs and B+ motorhomes?

Ford also offers the a Chassis Cab in the F (pickup) Series that has been used for a few class Cs.

BTW the only announced engines for the full sized Transit are a 3.5 Gas and a 3.2 diesel (vs the 6.8 in the current chassis)

Ford has announced that a Full sized Transit Van will replace the E Series Vans in 2014. Is this the end of the E Series Cutaway Chassis which is the basis of most Class Cs and B+ motorhomes?
I believe the old Cab Chassis/Cutaways will be used for a while. There has been no announcement on what engines though. The Transit does have a Cutaway model in Europe powered by a smaller 2.2 Lite diesel. Payload about 5,500lbs.
http://zizengineering.com/imgs/a/c/n/g/f/ford__transit_2_4_tdci_350_ef_2007_1_lgw.jpg

Ford has kept the V10 around for use in the RV chassis and may decide to keep the van cutaway for the same reason. It's a fairly substantial chunk of business, even if not in the same volumes as regular pick-up and van truck sales.

Also they just re-introduced the 6.8V10 to the F650 series to give it a gas option at a lower price. I appears the 6.8 will only be available in vehicles not subject the CAFE rules.

Also they just re-introduced the 6.8V10 to the F650 series to give it a gas option at a lower price. I appears the 6.8 will only be available in vehicles not subject the CAFE rules
That is something you would NEVER see here,but is unique to NA a Light to MDT Truck with a Petrol(gas) engine.. The F650 in its 26,000lb GVWR guise would be a Light Truck here. The 37,000lb GVWR would be the bottom end of a MDT

Ford has kept the V10 around for use in the RV chassis and may decide to keep the van cutaway for the same reason.
It will be interesting to see how long the V10 lasts . The new Transit will have a T450-T550 option eventually.

I read another release by Ford that said that although the E-series Van will be discontinued in 2014, the Cutaway will probably be produced for most of the rest of the decade. No mention of what engines will be offered, but I would assume that means it will continue as is with the 6.8.

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/news-detail.asp?news_id=77746

ken

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FmStars
Back
Top Bottom