Engine speed sensor.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deac3967

I have a 96 Holiday Rambler 5.9 cummings with a Allison Transmission MD3060. Shifter is showing a 2214 code. I've removed the input speed sensor cleaned it reinstalled it . I have ohm it out manuel says 300 ohms it reading 322. I've also swapped the input and output speed sensor. I cleared the code but once I start up engine it returns any other ideas would be appreciated.

Sometime I'm my worst enemy. That being said. Started out when I bought my 96 HR the speedo did not work. So I was instructed to check input speed sensor on my MD3060 trans. While checking for shorts in the wire I pushed my meter probes into the female side of connector. Not realizing it opened the plug ends which gave me a loose connection. I have read every post on what causes a 2214 code done every check I could possibly do without any sophisticated equipment and all along it was due to myself. I swapped input and output sensors with the same results. So check your connections to make sure you have good contact. Corrosion, scale ect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom