Escapee email down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Early in the week I could receive escapee email via Office Outlook but could not send it.  I called escapees and they confirmed they were having problems.  Now, all of a sudden, I can send email via Outlook and escapees, but I cannot receive it.  Outlook keeps telling me it cannot find the server.  I tried going direct to the escapee web site to read my mail but I get the same message in my browser, that it cannot find the server.  Since it is now the weekend, I have no one to telephone.

Anyone else having this problem?

Escapees mail has been down since at least yesterday as far as I know.  It may have been down earlier but I didn't notice it until yesterday afternoon.  It's still unavailable, even from the web view.

Look at http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/578609661/m/3061094932

Tim

Ned said:
Escapees mail has been down since at least yesterday as far as I know.  It may have been down earlier but I didn't notice it until yesterday afternoon.  It's still unavailable, even from the web view.

Escapees email came back for me a little while ago.

Phil

It came back on line while we were enroute to Mojave.  When I checked email here about 1300, I got a flood of pent up spam from my Escapee account :)  They haven't turned on the Declude filters yet.

Well it just got worse for me.  Now I cannot send or receive.  I am going to see once again if I can access it from the web.  Will report in a few minutes.

The POP3 server is working just fine and has been since yesterday.  I just sent a test email via the mail.escapees.com SMTP server and it too is working.

Well dang, Ned, it is not working for me.

I can access my mail going directly to the web, but not by running through Outlook (Office version).

Check your server settings, possibly something got changed.  I haven't changed any of my settings and everything still works, but something must have gotten changed in Outlook if it's not working now.  It's also possible they haven't gotten all the accounts transferred over to the new server.

Or get a better email client :)

I think it has to do with my account.  Apparently I am one of the last ones to go.  It really annoys me. :(  I had words with the email manager a month ago, so I guess it is get even time.  ;D

Now, now, don't get James angry or he'll route all the spam to your account :)

For more information as to what is going on with Escapees mail go HERE

Escapees is just working to improve and insure a reliable service.  Everything that had to be done just couldn't be done without the interruption.  I think the E-Mail folks at Escapees (James and ED) should be thanked for their hours spent while we were sleeping to make this improvment go as smoothly as possible.  Hopefully all will e back to normal Monday.

Ron, some day I might be motivated to thank them, but NOT this year.  Yesterday they finally got my account working.  Somehow it fell through the cracks.  I am VERY tempted to switch to gmail as my primary account as I just cannot afford to have my mail in jeopardy.  Fulltiming means we rely on email like life and death.  You would think escapees would understand this, but I did not get very warm vibes or much concern from them while working through this.  Actions speak a lot louder than fancy words.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holtt
Back
Top Bottom