🚨everchill refrigerator wd-282fwdc-6 not cooling 🚨

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IhatePullingOut

I have a 2022 Forest River Wildwood 170SS. The EVER CHILL refrigerator freezer will not blow air nor produce cooler temps. I turned the fridge on last night (re-inserted the 15 amp bus fuse in the breaker panel) to get it ready for my upcoming trip. the fridge light and the freezer fan turned on. The fan circulated warm air as usual upon start up. Upon checking it 24 hours later, there is no fan blowing, the coil is not cold at all, however, the fridge light is on. I pulled the back panel from the freezer to check it out and everything seems clean and free of dust. Just no cold temp at all. I really don’t want to haul this thing 2:15hrs one way just to get taken advantage of at the dealership. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 7
make sure you are plugged into a solid power source and that the rv has ample 12 volt power.

try to determine if the compressor is starting up. without the compressor starting, warm air will continue to circulate in the cabinet.

here is a thread that may help you.

Thank you very much for your advice. I will check to see if the compressor is running when I get home this afternoon. I quickly checked before work this morning and it seems like it was pushing cold air when I opened the doors, but that could’ve been from the fan being turned back on. I did find that thread after starting my own thread last night. I pulled the fuse from the breaker and allowed it to sit two hours before reinstalling the freezer back panel and plugging the fuse back in. The fan now runs. I guess I will find out this evening whether or not I’ve got a compressor problem. Thanks again!

When your EverChill RV refrigerator is not cooling, it's possible that a refrigerant blockage is inhibiting proper circulation and cooling. Think of the circuit board as the refrigerator's central control system, responsible for managing various functions, including cooling. If the circuit board malfunctions, it could be a contributing factor to insufficient cooling in your EverChill fridge.

A broken evaporator fan or a clogged diffuser are additional causes for your refrigerator's freezer to function but not the fridge compartment. Through the use of a diffuser duct, the fan pulls cold air from EverChill's freezer section to cool the refrigerator.

It's great that you checked the basics, like the fuse and the back panel, for any dust or debris. Since the fridge light is on, you know there's power, but the cooling system isn't working properly. Ensure that the temperature settings are adjusted correctly. Sometimes, accidentally bumping the dial can lead to temperature issues. If the freezer's coil is frozen, it can prevent proper cooling. Please turn off the fridge and let it thaw for a few hours. Then, turn it back on and check if the cooling resumes. The circulation fan may have malfunctioned. If you have DIY skills, you can replace the fan. If you've tried these steps and the issue persists, it might be a more complex problem that requires professional attention. Fingers crossed, they can get this commercial refrigerator back in action for your trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom