FCRV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We joined it 2006, dropped it in 2008. It was very cliquish. The local chapter was okay, but the state and national organizations were not very friendly.

ChasA said:
We joined it 2006, dropped it in 2008. It was very cliquish. The local chapter was okay, but the state and national organizations were not very friendly.
ChasA
They never are

That information is not at all correct. We've been FCRV members since 2002, and on the Executive Board for the past five years. I can't think a single person on the national level who isn't outgoing and welcoming. From the trustees, program directors, to the office staff, they're a great group of people.

Most activities occur at the chapter level, where you camp with your friends and neighbors. Other than an annual national, and possibly regional rally, the average FCRV member has no interaction with members beyond the chapter level. I simply don?t understand the comments made here, as they have no bearing on how the organization is structured.

FCRV is a member-driven organization, not a large corporation. With the exception of two administrative assistants in the office, everyone is a volunteer. FCRV is a second family to us, at times closer than our real family. We have traveled all over the United States and Canada to camp with this family, and the memories will last the rest of our lives. The national rally is going on in Kansas right now and we?re enjoying the constant updates via Facebook, as we were unable to make the trip.

?Where Strangers Become Friends and Friends Become Family? is the FCRV motto; truer words were never spoken. By all means, give it a try. www.fcrv.org

I'd like to chime in on this as well.  My family and i have been members since 2011.  Overall it has been a wonderful experience.  We found a chapter that fits us and the activities that we enjoy. As we have gotten comfortable with out chapter and the organization we began attending the state functions and finally the national campvention.  It was been a very good experience overall for our family.    I cant express how friendly and supportive the majority of people from our state, other state members and trustees were.  Sure there were a couple of yahoos and even in my state there are but thats to be expected in any organization.  Ultimately its what you make it.  Put a bit into this organization and you'll get a lot out of it.

Jack65K  you are more than welcome to message me personally.  Happy to answer any and all questions and facilitate getting you in touch with the right people to find a chapter.  That offer is extended to anyone that has questions about FCRV.  Lots of chapters with varied interests and activities, there is bound to be one that fits and you can try as many as you like.  Retirees, dry camping, KOA camping, ATV, fishing, young family, mixed, etc. 

Few quick things we have gotten out of FCRV
-Some very close friends including a couple that my kids call their 3rd grandparents. 
-More camping than we every did before.  Instead of "we cant camp because we have too much to do", it we better get this done because we have a camping trip coming up.
-Education and help from other members.  Someone always to answer a question, help with a problem, offer advice
-Many hours of memories around the campfire. Including people not in our group.  When you have 5-11 families camping together others notice, kids play together and we often invite other campers to join us.  So many people to meet and friends to make.
- At state and national rallies, games (cards, horseshoes, casting), socializing, entertainment, Pageants (Teen king and Queen), scholarships, community projects, meals and seminars/workshops.  One can participate in all or none.
-Learned of places we wouldn't otherwise and taken trips we wouldn't but loved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack1776
Back
Top Bottom