Feedback on "Pop Marketing"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I am selling a nice DP and got an email from this outfit thats wants to market it. Their costs and profit are covered by an asking price higher than mine so theoretically I get my price, they get their profit, and everyone is happy.

Comments anyone?

thx'
mark in MN

What happens if you sell it without them? This is also going on in the housing industry. Be very careful... they might generate many tire kickers.

There's not much to comment on since we don't know who "this outfit" is nor the terms nor the product being sold, but if you're happy that might be good, provided they're not scammers.

So I got to ask.
How come you are not asking the higher price and advertising it yourself?
Where are they going to advertise that you cannot?
What happens if the buyer they send wants to negotiate a lower price?
What is the name of this miracle company?

I sold my rig 10 days ago at full asking price via RV Trader. The second "local looker" bought it in 30 minutes. So, RVT worked for me and expenses were almost in the "coffee money" category. Of course you will want to close at your bank or theirs ........ no certified checks, no cash (or whatever) so not a wheel turns on your coach until the financial institution says the $ is in your account.........takes minutes via wire transfer. The scam artist's inquiries I got were very obvious. A couple of years ago I did read a very bad review on the "Pops" outfit by a (then) moderator on another forum ..... enuff info for me to stay away; but maybe they are OK.

Good luck with the sale. BTW-be prepared......I already miss my coach. :^)

Well I wouldn't do it. The theory of the case is like a real estate agent gets a higher price than a Sell By Owner but not knowing the outfit how can anyone comment?

I personally would no do it. If there are comparable RVs to yours cheaper on RVT I would pass on yours, or when we got to the haggle part I would try to knock you down to comp.

Also, what if they really don't do anything? They automatically get a cut of your sale - no thanks.

Their costs and profit are covered by an asking price higher than mine so theoretically I get my price, they get their profit, and everyone is happy.
That is what they all tell you but do you really believe that they can get more for the RV than it is worth just so that you get all of your money and they sell for free? When something sounds too good to be true, in probably isn't true.

Every time I have been in the market for a new motorhome I have started with RVtraver and RVT. I would suggest selling there too (a much larger audience for your ad). You also know the cost to you up front.

Maybe not, but a good consignment lot will display your RV at their location (no storage charge) and handle the lookie-loos for you.

Is "POP Marketing" (in the thread title) the name of the sales agency or a reference to the general technique (Point of Purchase marketing)? POP as a general technique means the agent does some extra things to promote the sale directly with potential buyers, maybe displays it at a show or hands out flyers or whatever. Are they promising to do anything like that? I've not heard of a sales agency named Pop Marketing, so right away I'd be suspicious.

Next question is what makes you think they can get a higher price than you are asking? Obviously your RV is less attractive to buyers if the price is higher, so where is the advantage to you? What will they do to make it seem more valuable to buyers? Will they advertise more widely? Show it on their own sales lot?

Last question is are they asking for an exclusive sales contract, i.e. only they can sell it and at a price they set? How do they handle lower bids from a buyer? Do you still get your price? And a dozen other "what-if" questions about the actual transaction and their cut of the sale price.

Maybe not, but a good consignment lot will display your RV at their location (no storage charge) and handle the lookie-loos for you.
Very true, but the more honest ones do not call people with advertising and claim that they can provide all of those services at no cost to the owner of the RV to be sold. The only way that might be true is if the owner has advertised it far below current market pricing. I have known more than one person who sold an RV via a consignment dealership and not one of them got the services free.

Back
Top Bottom