Filing federal income taxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I heard that the deadline for filing Federal Taxes is now July 15th. Can anyone confirm this? I did see this online but I just want to confirm.

You mean to tell me that if I found that on the internet it’s not necessarily true? Come on. Give me a break

If you can't believe things you find on the internet... Then what's the point of having an internet.

When Rene googled, he didn't bother to SCROLL down. That can get a googler in trouble. hahahha

He didn't get all the facts sir.

The devil is in the details - I don't know the answer but the filing deadline is extended - If you owe and pay late there is usually no forgiveness of interest - only the penalties for late filing.

We filed ours and now and scheduled our taxes owed for 4/15, and now find out the IRS delayed the date till 5/15] - oh well.

They just changed the rules so the first $10,200 of unemployment isn’t taxable. Glad we waited to file this year, otherwise we would have needed to file an amended return. The DW was furloughed last year, the first time either of us have collected.

Glad we waited to file this year, otherwise we would have needed to file an amended return.
I also will not file taxes until around mid March or so, for the same reasons. I use TurboTax and there are always many updates by then which have the possibility of changing things that could effect my situation.

I have made the mistake of filing too early in the past. If I start having problems at mid-March, I will start to wait even longer. So far, so good with med-March.

I do like to get it over with, or else I would do them even later. Especially since I don't get refunds and owe them these days.

-Don- Reno, NV

I am hearing reliable news that it has been extended but as mine are long filed and the refund already spent (After it showed up) and about 1/3 of my Stimulus as well (it showed up yesterday and I already knew what I was using it for) .....
I'm not paying close attention to the length of extension.

I do a very, very, very, simple return, Do not itemize as there is no benefit for me. Just a pair of 1099's (R and SSA) and chart deductions... So I tend to file ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom