Filing federal income taxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to file Federal and 3 states this year. Federal and Arkansas have already removed their pound of flesh, and I got the California refund this morning. Waiting on an Arizona refund and I'll be done with it for this year.
Between the 2 state refunds and the stimmy(when I get it)I just about broke even.

Another point to pay attention to on taxes ... Federal filing due date has changed, but, your state tax due date may not have changed.

Our income in 2020 was significantly higher than 2019 due to selling some inherited property. We knew it would be of course, and made our quarterly payments as the land sold. We came out pretty even since Kevin does a good job of estimating taxes. Between four states, income, capital gains, and investments, the package is 3-4” high! Of course they are all filed electronically, but we print a copy for back up purposes. We filed yesterday. The US and state governments already have all our money, so why not? We got our stimulus money earlier in the week, so now we just need to decide where to put it. The local food bank got the previous ones.

Last edited:
I was self employed my entire working life. Paid taxes,taxes,taxes fought IRS, state, and ect. Lawyers, accountants.
Sold out and retired 2017. Now, though technically a millionaire, don’t EVEN HAVE TO FILE. So sweet. Again, SO sweet.

Tom, I assume you filed them electronically . If you did, how long did it take for it to show up in your bank account?
I filed as soon as it was possible, when all four of my incomes were sent to me, around the second of Februafy. However once I got it all filled out, yes electronically, I found out the IRS was not accepting submissions until the 12th of February. TurboTax did submit it on the 12th and my refund arrived less than two weeks later, on February 24. This is the longest I have had to wait, usually I file at the end of January and get the refund a week later. So Covid did delay the money but not by very much.

Tom, I assume you filed them electronically . If you did, how long did it take for it to show up in your bank account?
Just for reference, I filed all of mine on Sunday, Mar 14th. Strangely enough, the IRS and Arkansas(both of whom I owed)took their money on Monday the 15th. California deposited my refund on Thursday, and Arizona deposited my refund as "pending" this morning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom