Finally weighed my Class Tioga 31m on a CAT scale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
decaturbob said:
Gary,

Michelin Agilis CrossClimate 225/75R16C  121/120R has a higher load rating @ max psi of 83psi of 3085 lbs in a dual configuration.  Apparently the tread is "directional" but this can solve my issue for loads on the rear.  I don't have any knowledge of this Michelin tire for ride or road noise. 

This maybe something I would consider going to now, before we leave in December.

Here is a handy tool to compare tire size. https://tiresize.com/comparison/
What load rating are you running now?
Just a heads up when reading the inflation charts. They are showing the minimum inflation for that weight. I always add 10% for a cushion.
If the tiers you have now can handle the load by increasing tire preshure you are good to go and unless you have some outher issue (age, cracking) you don't need new tires.
I would put the money in my new RV fund.
Bill

You also need to check the weight rating of the rims, it should be stamped into the metal somewhere.

Update

So now I have 4 new tires on the rear that now gives us the additional load carrying capacity as they add 2000lbs more to the equation,  I am still overweight for GVWR but at least my tires can handle what we got going. Ignorance was bliss, but now my only concern would be any type of roadside weight check with portable scales.  It is what it is.

decaturbob, where did you buy them?  Tire Rack has them for around $800/4.

I had  a Jayco 31' with 2 slides, we were always quite a bit over the rating and carried very little storage. The sticker said we couldn't travel with a full tank of water and even listed how many people were included in the weight. I finally sold it and bought a class A. Now I can travel with full water, waste full and I'm still under.  I don't know if you have slides but I think they do add quite a bit of weight.

decaturbob said:
My understanding,  the GVWR does includes the 55 gal of fuel that this sticker does not account for at all, thats another 330lbs.

The UVW (Unloaded Vehicle Weight) on the sticker DOES include a full tank of fuel, oil and coolant in the engine.  It does not include water or propane weights in the RV.

RVRAC said:
decaturbob, where did you buy them?  Tire Rack has them for around $800/4.

I got the C-metrics Michelins at local tire shop that services Semis and RVs as well.  Total cost was $1050 for 4 tires, included tax, balancing and new stems for 6 tires. Took 4+ hours from start to finish.  All my TPMS sensors installed with no issues either.  This was an unplanned expense as the 4 tires replaced still had 3 years easily left (2015 stamp on tires)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgnmgn11
Back
Top Bottom