Finding a veterinarian on the road while traveling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JanF

It appears my dog may have developed a UTI. How do you find a reputable veterinarian when you are traveling in an unfamiliar place (central Houston)? I was sure I had seen a similar post previously, but couldn't find it. TIA!

Egret Bay Veterinary Hospital, 1260 E. League City, Tx, 1 832 632 1595, Don't know if they are open, but really good. One other thought, many Pet Smarts have vet services. But I am not sure whats in the Houston area.

On the road I would use an emergency vet hospital. Might be a bit more expensive but you can get in quickly with nohassles

We will ask the staff or volunteers at the park we are staying at. Had 2 really good recommendations. You could even call a local rescue group.

Every time I went on trips I took the dog to the vet to make sure everything was fine and we could go on the road.

And we make sure we carry the entire vet record with us when we are on the road. It makes things a lot easier if we find ourselves in need of vet or kennel services for sure.

All good suggestions above. We've had to find a vet all over the USA and usually get a recommendation from someone at the campground, either staff or a local camper. Google is a helper as well, especially for finding an emergency vet service or hospital. We carry the pets records (and our own as well).

It is really important to turn to a veterinarian every time you go on a long journey because in that case, you can make sure that everything is fine and no negative cases await you. Since I became a veterinary assistant, I started to understand a lot more things that I didn't even know until then. In general, I really like this job, because I like animals to the fullest and it is very interesting for me. If anyone is interested in how to become a veterinary assistant, you can read here https://www.veterinaryschoolsu.com/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenOldie
Back
Top Bottom