Finished a trailer conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevepax

Well, I did it. I bought a beat up 1964 Aloha 15' travel trailer, and hired my handyman (who has remodeled my bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living room, home exterior, etc) to help work on it. We gutted it completely, and unsurprisingly, found the frame to be in trouble. So, we (I mean he...) tore out the frame one bit at a time and replaced it with fresh wood, and make it a bit thicker so we could insulate with 2 inches of the rigid foam insulation, that's R-10. New electrical inlet and wiring, new paneling and flooring, etc, and we turned the thing into a home office. It's parked in my back yard right now, probably for the long run, and I work from home three days a week out there, where my wi-fi reaches quite easily. A 1200w space heater works quite nicely to keep it warm. We'll see what I end up doing for the summer time, but here in the Pacific NW, we've got a long time before it gets very warm. It's quite cozy out there - interior dimensions about 7'x12'.

Here are some pictures of the outside (which I didn't change at all - I like the old, warn, vintage look), the "before" shot, and a couple of new interior shots.

What do you think?

Attachments

• TrailerOutside.jpg
    TrailerOutside.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 60
  • TrailerBefore.jpg
    TrailerBefore.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 61
  • TrailerChairEnd.jpg
    TrailerChairEnd.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 59
  • TrailerDeskEnd.jpg
    TrailerDeskEnd.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 60
Oh yeah, don't mind the debris in that exterior shot. We had just finished the work, and there's a huge pile of scrap material and old trailer guts sitting there, just waiting for me to haul it to the dump this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom