First winter storm of the year...I hope everyone is ok.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being here in mid Michigan I've not gotten a flake of snow yet. A few flurries south and north, but nothing here. Marquette ('da UP) is another story. As of Wednesday morning they have received 36.1" of snow, with lake effect dumping another 10-15" along Lake Superior. Marquette just happens to be on the shore of Lake Superior. The mid to western part of the UP got it good and early. There is a big down side also. November 15 (saturday) is the opener of the firearms deer season in Michigan, with thousands of hunters heading across the bridge to hunt in the UP. I imagine it will be slow going, if not darn near impossible to get back to some of them deer camps/cabins. Plus the deer population took a big hit from last year's brutal winter, don't know how another bad winter will effect the herd.

Hoping it holds off a few days for my area. Still ain't got the cover on the 5'er yet.

Only a couple of inch's of snow here in the Denver area, but it was definitely light coat weather for the drive into work this morning.

Attachments

• 20141113_063328_zpsrr280p12.jpg
    20141113_063328_zpsrr280p12.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 32
cadee2c said:
We were forecasted to get up to 14 inches of snow here in the twin cities. It ended up that only a narrow band to the north (probably about where MN Blue Skies lives) got about a foot, the rest of us only had a few inches. But now the temps are dropping. I think I'd rather have the snow than the super cold.

Caryl

Ohhh, I'm so glad I moved away from all that.  When I left the twin cities area in March of 1977, the prior month of February never saw temps on the plus side of 0?.  Not much snow that year but the continuing cold was reason enough to head west. 

I'm the opposite of a snow bird. I'm going up to mom's house in northern Ohio for Thanksgiving. Can y'all pause the winter weather until I'm back home?

Well, we have made it to Biloxi, right on the edge of the freeze line.  Hard freeze just to the north of us.  Trying to decide if we make the 10-11 hour run tomorrow to home.

We were watching the weather, and they say the jet stream has stalled, not going to move out, more cold air in through next week.  You folk up north, you can just put the frozen food from the store on the porch.  It will be a lot colder than your freezer.

The nice thing right now is that I don't have to put the beer in the fridge to have a cold one. Just need to leave it in the garage.

I guess southern Cal is also gonna get slammed with some nasty winter weather......

The temp has fallen to the mid 60's ......and ! ......we're on drizzle watch.

Yeah I actually had to turn the AC off today!!! Had to put on a T-shirt while bar-b-cueing on the patio tonight. I guess it's time to break out my winter shorts and sandals. BRRRRR 8)

We're still tapping low 70s here in L.A.  Two overcast days in a row!  It's brutal out here!    8)

We're in Nashville tonight.  The forecast low is 16 degrees, 10 degrees lower than at our home in Maine.

It's to be 19 degrees tonight and 16 degrees Monday night, after that they say its to warm up.

It's cold out there, brrrr.

A few years after I moved to Minnesota, my son bought me a remote starter for my car. The next two cars I bought, I had remote starters installed. I love my remote starters. :D

Caryl

cadee2c said:
A few years after I moved to Minnesota, my son bought me a remote starter for my car. The next two cars I bought, I had remote starters installed. I love my remote starters. :D

Caryl

With those cold Minnesota Winters, I would use remote starters as well.  A full 20 minutes before every trip with the heaters set to full blast.

I had a lake site just south of Kansas City paid for until the 19th and then the weather moved in this week. Took off Wednesday an now am at Lake Buchanan by Burnet, TX (it's burn it, durn it, as the locals say) and looks like 59* tomorrow. Looks like it willbe in the upper 60 next week and if so, I may stay and try the striper fishing.

My son who lives in the DFW area posted a weather map showing that the high in Anchorage is higher than Dallas yesterday.  Ugh.  But we are back in SW Florida, high in the mid 80's today, back in shorts and t-shirts.  Happy, happy.

this mornings news shows this new storm hitting the north east very hard, 7' of snow and 6 deaths blamed on the storm.

be safe .

Yeah, I'm done making jokes about our nice weather when some of you folks are having to suffer through what I just watched on the news - especially around Buffalo. Pretty nasty stuff. I hope those of you who are there are doing alright.

Kev

We live about 40 miles south east of Buffalo and have gotten about 3" of snow. The city itself  wasn't getting much snow it was just south of them. Lake effect is like hitting a wall and if the winds don't shift it really piles up fast.By Sat. the temps will be rising calling for 60 on Mon then the flooding will start for them. At least there is no ice on the creeks and rivers to cause ice jambs.

Back
Top Bottom