fiver front jacks not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

December

Hi there everyone!!
I am having a strange problem with my 40 foot Cardinal 5th wheel hydraulic front struts. While getting ready to raise my unit to hook it up to the truck yesterday the trailer went down when I hit the extend switch. The slide-outs also started to open from the closed position. I then closed the valves to the sliders after re-closing the sliders to see if this would help. The coach still continued to drive itself down. I added the proper hydraulic fluid to the reservoir just in case it might be low, although I was pretty certain it wasn't. Still the same. The sliders still trying to open, and the trailer not raising. The pump sounds different than it did before when opening and closing the slide-outs and operating the struts. It still is the same when operating the slide-outs, but now different when trying to operate the struts. The trailer will sometimes raise about a half inch then stops...then no more movement. I do not believe there is any binding of the struts. I finally got it up with bottle jacks and on the truck. The struts still inop.  Note that I have re-opened the slider valves and all valves are the same as they have always been. I have set up and hitched up the rig probably 20 to 30 times with no problem at all in the past 2 years. Can anyone PLEEEZE help me????
Thanks so much!!!  December

:-[
Hello All!
Well I found the problem. There was a bad connection at the slide-out solenoid. I was poking around and the spade connector jumped off the solenoid...man am I embarrased! I had the help of at least five people getting my rig jacked up and it was soooo simple.
Anyway I hope that this might help someone in the future.
December

December said:
:-[
Hello All!
Well I found the problem. There was a bad connection at the slide-out solenoid. I was poking around and the spade connector jumped off the solenoid...man am I embarrased! I had the help of at least five people getting my rig jacked up and it was soooo simple.
Anyway I hope that this might help someone in the future.
December

Thank you for the follow up.  Glad you found the problem and was able to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom