Fixtures for a TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam Bar

All,

for replacing the kitchen and bath faucets, do I have to purchase "RV" fixtures or would any ones from the store, like American Std or any name brand work/fit?  And if not, what is a good site to view and purchase from?

Thanks

Hi Jerry,
I believe any faucet assembly would work. Just pull yours off and measure the distance between the pipe inlets and compare that to the faucet you're looking at.
By the way, we are neighbors and I retired from the shipyard. I'm in Farmington

Hi Jerry,
I believe any faucet assembly would work. Just pull yours off and measure the distance between the pipe inlets and compare that to the faucet you're looking at.

Rene T said:
By the way, we are neighbors and I retired from the shipyard. I'm in Farmington

Yep we are neighbors.  My wife's uncle is the fire chief here in Kittery and her grandfather was supposed to go on the USS Thresher, but gave his spot up to a friend who needed the extra pay!!  Thanks.

Edit: Moderator fixed misplaced quote tags

Sam Bar said:
[Yep we are neighbors.  My wife's uncle is the fire chief here in Kittery and her grandfather was supposed to go on the USS Thresher, but gave his spot up to a friend who needed the extra pay!!  Thanks. 
Jerry, just a little tip. If you want to quote something another person said, just click on the word "quote" over on the right. Then put your cursor after the last word "quote" and click "enter" a couple of times and then add your info. You can also delete some of their post if it's irrelevant.

we replaced ours with faucets from Lowe's, take the old ones out and measure the holes, also check to see how they are plumbed to the supply lines in case you need additional parts.

I replaced my Kitchen with an off the shelf at Lowes.. Had to modify one pipe run a bit (Pipes on new fixture were a different length) but... Well.. that happens in Sticks and bricks as well...  No problem a piece of flex tubing could (Did) not solve.

I've replaced one bathroom faucet for reasons if I needed a different faucet (no failure) In this case I went with a RV unit.. Cause believe it or not it was cheaper.. Shower is the only non-standard.

Replaced the kitchen faucet with one from IKEA, the bathroom faucet came from Lowe's and the shower faucets did come from Camping world.  Gave up trying to match that one with the holes and space we had. 

I replaced our kitchen one with a goose neck one from Lowes, and it was the easiest plumbing job I have ever done, and I have built and plumbed three houses from the ground up.
I gathered all the tools that I thought I would need, and never had to use any of them. The connections were all just hand tight, and the entire job took less than 15 minutes.

Jack L

Standard kitchen faucets are on 8" centers, bath faucets are 4". I've replaced bath and kitchen faucets with standard residential ones.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom