florida to wi trip advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stormy2000

hello,

we are advance planning for trip from central fl to elroy wi, and have decided to rest over in manchester tn and then continue on the next day to elroy wi.  looking at route google maps is giving shows 3 options.
it comes down to I57 N or I39 N.  I39 N is the shortest of the 3.  we are pulling a 2013 keystone sprinter 34.5 ft  thank you in advance for
all advice.

bill & jodi

That is a 1400 mile trip. That would be 700 miles a day. I don't think that is such a great idea. Most of us here limit ourselves to 200 to 300 miles per day. Even with two drivers 700 miles in a day is a long exhausting day.

When we go to my wife's sister place near Wausau, we take I-39. Stays further west of Chicago. Manchester to WI was too far for us so we usually stayed at a cg west of Chicago and leftv early in the am to beat the Chicago/Rockford am traffic.

okay so I39 it is, our son is getting married and some other previous events, so that does not leave us much tiime to get from fl to wi.  google has the route from cent fl thru atlanta to chatt tn - nashville tn and on up.  so we decided to rest up in manchester they have a military cg and a koa.  and hopefully we can make it the rest of the day the next day.

bill & jodi

From someone from WI, I can tell you that is too much for two days.  Take I-57, and then I -39, and you should be fine.  Safe travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Praise Bus
Back
Top Bottom