Florida Turnpike Reststops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capt_joe

Question; Can you legaly stop at gas stations along the Florida Turnpike in an RV and spend the night. While travelling I noticed signs that said no RV's just Truckers....

There is no overnight parking in rest areas on the Florida Turnpike or the interstates in Florida either.

I found this on the Florida Turnpike website:
There are eight service plazas on the Turnpike mainline, located approximately every 45 miles, which provide nighttime, armed security.  Due to limited parking spaces, overnight parking is prohibited and vehicles may be towed at the owner?s expense.

"...overnight parking is prohibited and vehicles may be towed at the owner?s expense."

I've never found a problem stopping an any of the rest stops along the I-95 corridor to get some sleep.  Now, if you set your jacks, open your awning, set up your chairs and start grilling, that's another matter. 

I believe the time limit at the rest stops is 3 hours, by their regulations.

Used to be one of the armed guards on "75".  I NEVER ran anyone off as long as they were quiet and caused no problems.  Rarely was it over crowded at three in the morn.  DOT never checks before 10:00 AM.

Back
Top Bottom