Flush mount decorative dining room light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank B

We have a decorative light fixture in the slide over our dining room table. Looks nice, but is too low. I am sick and tired of banging my head on it.

There are a lot of flush-mount 120v light fixtures that are quite attractive, but very few 12v ones. Most 12v RV fixtures are white plastic. Any idea where I can come up with a decent looking flush mount fixture? Interior of our unit is coffee and brown tones with antique copper fixtures.

Thanks.

Frank.

Attachments

• 20210921_091452.jpg
    20210921_091452.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
You have the option of using a 120V fixture and using 12V LED bulbs in it. So find one you like and set it up to work on 12V.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

You have the option of using a 120V fixture and using 12V LED bulbs in it. So find one you like and set it up to work on 12V.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Does this require changing the bulb sockets, or are there 12v LED lamps that go into a standard screw base?

OK, thanks. I never even thought of looking for such a device as it would seem that a 12v bulb that would fit a 120v socket would be a sure recipe for disaster. However, now that I know, I started looking, and YES INDEED, they do make such items!

That does open up a whole lot more choice!

(and all those years that I have banged my head on this blasted fixture....:rolleyes:)

12V edison incandescent bulbs have been around a long time as landscaping illumination. I was using them in my truck camper decades ago. They were indistinguishable from 120V bulbs in operation and were a lot easier to find fixtures for than "residential"' bayonet 12V lamps. I think I still have a few hanging around out in the yard. LED of course has all but supplanted incandescent with many and varied combinations now so it's only getting easier to come up with lighting solutions.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

You can get a flush mount LED square panel, I found some on Amazon 12V. You can paint the frame and put a decorative film on the lens area.

I got a 12v flush mounted one from Etrailer. I just looked and they still have it pictured but you can't order it. Grrr.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom