Foods from the olde country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theirs also a local delicacy that I don't think is available further north. It's called a lardy cake
I remember hearing about them when we lived in the UK, but never tasted them.

If anyone passes through Cincinnati/Dayton (north Cincinnati) there is a huge foreign food store called Jungle Jim's in Fairfield Ohio.
I'll pass that along to our youngest son who regularly travels between northern KY and Columbus, OH. Like me, he's always on the lookout for Brit foods.

They're gurt lush👍
They sound as healthy as the large 'onion loaf' oozing lots of fatty oil, served at Tony Roma's, one of the restaurant chains here. Haven't eaten it for over 20 years, but it used to taste 'good' :)

This a question that could apply to anyone who grew up somewhere and is now away from it while traveling or maybe just because you moved away.
Thanks for asking Judy. This is an example of a spin off from a thread to a parallel thread/subject that produces some interesting and unexpected info.

FWIW Chris has made her own traditional (English) pasties and her signature "pasty pie" for many years.
When Chris makes her 'pasty pie', she (often) uses corned beef (not the canned variety). Really tasty.

Another one I had to look up: Four'n Twenty - Wikipedia

They are kinda like hot dogs at a baseball game. You can and do eat them elsewhere but you pretty much must eat meat pies at the footy.

And for anyone who has not watched Aussie rules football on you tube I'd check that out as well. Best spectator sport in the world.

Basketball, meets rugby, meets handball, meets demolition derby...

These are not eaten often as I'm always trying to lose weight. They are very good though!

A custard slice.....

Attachments

• 20221122_111642.jpg
    20221122_111642.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 3
These are not eaten often as I'm always trying to lose weight. They are very good though!

A custard slice.....
What a coincidence! Annie was only saying how much she would like a cream slice last week!
Might buy her one for Christmas 😂😂

Virtually, the difference shows in the name. One is filled with confectioners custard, the other with cream either fresh or mock (buttercream).
Equally delicious, now I'M hungry 😣

Custard wins
I cannot eat fresh cream so mine needs to be buttercream, but I have no problem eating a custard slice either.
No preference either way. I can't say I've seen either for sale in the US, are they?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom